Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mind on hiatus

Lately, the 'storage house' for posts has been empty - 'on hiatus', if you will. Try as I will, nothing seems to come out of it. I've had many thoughts, and when I would sit down to write, there was an emptiness that I just can't describe. I hadn't lost the desire to write - just couldn't pull the thoughts together enough to come up with a good post.

How many great authors are presented with the same problem in their climb to fame? How many times do they have to start over, when writing a story, before actually coming up with something that really works? Here I am, just a blogger who likes to write, and I've been having major problems staying on track with my thoughts. Kind of upsetting when you go 3-5 days without writing anything. This has been going on for a couple weeks, and, tonight, I'm trying to break the chain. Hopefully, I can get back in the swing of things and back on the track of posting at least once a day.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Neil said...

I relate to the mind on hiatus syndrome! It seems like you will have thousands of thoughts one day and none for weeks...drives me crazy! I do a e-devotional for our church and only write when I'm feeling creative, it's been a couple of weeks. Hang in there friend, you'll come around...eventually!

Barbara said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Neil. I told a friend yesterday that I had made the comment other day that I thought I had gotten back in the groove - then this happens. :) I have lots of things I want to write about, yet none of them come together.