Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Are you on the right path?

I came across this article about Obama this morning. I had recently read Cal Thomas' article, Obama is no Joshua, about him. But this morning, the quote about there being 'many paths to the same place' caught my attention.


clipped from www.onenewsnow.com
I'm rooted in the Christian tradition," Obama told Falsani. "I believe there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people." The latter part of that statement, says Thomas, would likely be viewed by most Christians as universalism.

"... [T]here is a clear requirement for one to qualify as a Christian and Obama doesn't meet that requirement," stated Thomas. "One cannot deny central tenets of the Christian faith, including the deity and uniqueness of Christ as the sole mediator between God and Man and be a Christian. Such people do have a label applied to them in scripture. They are called 'false prophets.'"

The Bible teaches us that the enemy will come as an angel of light, trying to get us off the path to God.

2 Corinthians 11:14, "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."
Deuteronomy 11:16, "Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;"

In the world today, it is easy to get off the true path to the Lord. There are so many that call themselves Christians, yet they exhibit no fruit. They do whatever they please for self, not adhering to the commandments of God. They think of themselves as okay. Yet, scripture tells us that there will be those that have done things in His name, yet did not live the Christian life and will not inherit eternal life.
Matthew 7:21-23, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Each of us have to examine ourselves to see if we are on the right path to eternal life. Or, have we let others lead us astray without even realizing what was happening?

Technorati Tags:, , , , ,

4 Comments:

Maxine said...

Very good post, Barbara. I read Thomas's article the other day. I agree--the term Christian has become a very loosely interpreted term but no so in the Bible.

Neil said...

I think you're absolutely dead on target! We've far too often over looked important issues such as character simply because of the packaging. I'm reminded that the scripture says as a man thinks in his heart so is he! So regardless of what the candidate says, who he is will be revealed...hopefully sooner than later!

You're so awesome Barbara!

Barbara said...

Maxine, you are right - the term Christian has truly become very loosely interpreted. But what God requires of a Christian hasn't changed one iota!

Barbara said...

Neil, thanks for that verse. It is one we quote often, but it didn't come to mind when I wrote the post. But, you are right. We look on the outside and if a person looks good and sounds good, we think they are fine. But, as you said, he will be revealed one day, and I do hope it is before the election.

I know GOD knows what is going on and what is going to happen, but wouldn't you like to have a little clue? :)