Monday, April 23, 2012

Placing Hope In Tomorrow

Today we buried my husband’s nephew. He was only 52 years of age. And, we had no idea he was sick or that he would leave us so quickly. And I am sure he had no idea that he would not live longer than he did.

We are not promised tomorrow through God’s Word. Only God gives us hope.

Psalms 119:114, "Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word."

James 4:14, "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

Vapor in our language means ‘something insubstantial, worthless, or fleeting.’ Without God, there would be no life, no tomorrow. Instead of counting on tomorrow, let us put our hope in God alone. Then when things happen, we know we can call on Him and He will be there for us. Tomorrow may never come for some of us like it didn’t come for Dan, but with God there is always HOPE!

Technorati Tags: