Monday, March 06, 2006

Did You Watch The Oscars Presentation?

Well, I didn't, and I didn't 'miss' them, since I had no intention on watching them. All the award shows just do not have enough 'flair' for my taste. Seem to have lots of 'flare' (light) for the world, since so many people are glued to their TV sets, when they come around.

I was over at Blogcorner Preacher's site today, reading. He has a post called 'Homophobic racist imperialist warmongers'. Here is how he characterizes it:

This is what we must be as a nation. If, that is, our most celebrated entertainments truly reflected our society. To judge America by which films and their actors just won Academy awards, one must conclude that we are, at once, homophobic ("Brokeback Mountain"), racist ("Crash") and imperialist warmongers ("Syriana").

I have lost absolutely nothing at the movies or in Hollywood. I don't have to take on their 'style' in order to be happy. Doesn't matter to me whether I see a movie or not; my happiness is not in whether or not I'm able to view all the things that come out of Hollywood. I think we have lost the bulk of the great talent that could make a movie simply on their 'talent' - the awareness of what constitutes a great movie, without the sleaze you see in some of them today.

Most of the movies on television are just the same. I will often watch an old rerun to see a great movie, or I just turn on the news or COPS, or something in that nature. If you want violence, then you have it, and it's not made up!

Blogcorner Preacher used a scripture that I think is appropriate for Christians today and every day:
  • Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Too often, Christians are trying to act like Christians, but they take on worldly actions. As one preacher said, 'my mind is not a garbage can'. Sometimes garbage gets pretty nasty, and lots of the movies coming from Hollywood are just that: garbage! So, why should Christians help Hollywood to promote such stuff by going to see the trash?

Linked at Conservative Cat

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Batya said...

Not only didn't I watch it, but I haven't seen any of the movies.

Barbara said...

And, neither have I. We don't go to the movies. The movies we watch are usually on TV or DVD's.