Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Ignorance Or Apathy

Our great nation of freedoms seems to be coming apart at the seams, not that many would notice. Laws are being written every day that either take away something, or give us something we don't want. But, that is all in the name of 'becoming a more inclusive society'.

Koinonia House Online ran an article called 'The Decline of the U.S.', in which was posed a question.

If you ask the average American what is the biggest problem facing our nation, Is it ignorance or apathy? He will likely answer, “I don’t know and I don’t care!”

I, on the other hand, would have to say 'apathy'! People do not have the interest in things like they should, have become indifferent to changes around them. They'd rather turn their head than examine the problems arising in our country. Oh, we complain a lot, but what do we do about the things of which we disapprove?

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

As the article at Koinonia House mentioned, the scripture didn't mention Congress, the Administration, or anything else. It says 'my people, called by my name' ..... meaning those of us called Christians. The body of Christ needs to experience a revival, and individually, at that! For, as they said, we are the ones standing in the way of what God might want to do to our land - for our apathy!
Judgement stands at the door; how will America be judged?

1 Comment:

Barbara said...

"Manna from heaven" ..... so many people want it, but are unwilling to do what it takes to get it!

Yes, let's do pray for revival in our own lives first, then the church.