Wednesday, July 06, 2005

International Kissing Day

I ran across the post at Instapundit.com, telling me that today was International Kissing Day. He got his information from Amber at Prettier Than Napoleon.

Until today, I had never heard of such a day. Seems, from reading Amber's post, that she started a one-woman crusade in America to make this a holiday. Kissing seems to have gone by the wayside - the normal, 'I love you' kind of kiss. Remember when you first married, and you never left home or went to bed without that kiss? Maybe we all need to revive that kind of kiss!

Well, today, I have good reason: it is our 41st anniversary! Our son just called to wish us Happy Anniversary.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 41st Anniversary! My wife and I just went to my uncle and aunt's 50th Anniversary. Marriage is wonderful - and to be blessed with many years of growing together is utopia on earth. All good marriages have one thing in commom - LOVE. Learning to make each other happy - and supporting each other in all endeavors develops a real bond that is unbreakable. Compromise is not a bad word - but letting go of what seems good for a greater good makes relationships healthy. May God bless you with many more years of LOVE & Happiness.

STU DOG

Barbara said...

Stu Dog, thanks!

I just heard a man say on a talk radio show the other day that, the reason we have so many divorces in our state is because of the 'no-fault' law. Perhaps it's really because people aren't willing to learn to live with one another - unable to change themselves, instead of trying to change their spouse.