Saturday, July 09, 2005

Sluggish Saturday Morning

Do you find yourself just wanting to sit, maybe do nothing for awhile? That's me, this morning. So much to do, and just wanting to call a halt to it all. I'm doing our Church bulletin for tomorrow, but mostly, because it's run off the computer, 'my first love', my husband often says.

I also clean our church, and that is still to be done. My husband just came in and suggested I might be better off doing it this morning while it was not so hot. Doesn't matter when I do it, it's still hot. But, on his suggestion, I will attempt to get it done now, instead of waiting until this afternoon.


Proverbs 6:6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:

Can you imagine how much work that ant actually does? She is constantly on the move, and most of the time, doing 'work' for others. Habits, such as laziness, grow on people, but you will never find the ant 'laying down on the job'. She is constantly moving to and fro, even building those ant hills right under our nose! I often find my sidewalk flowering grass full of dirt hills she has caused to grow within, killing off the grass. It seems she does this over night.

If we Christians were more like the ant, think how we could serve the Kingdom of God! We should be as diligent for the Lord as the ant is for her community. A good saying came through the Quotemeal from Heartlight today:

Obedience is the fruit of faith; patience is the bloom on the fruit. --Rossetti

2 Comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I would just like to say THANK YOU for all you do !

I enjoy your newsletters, your website and now your blog !

You are an inspirtation!

Barbara said...

Thank you for your encouragement! It means a lot.