Sunday, July 24, 2005

New To Blogging?

I had seen 'blogs' on the Internet, but didn't really recognize how different they were from a regular web site. But, a few months ago, my son began to press me to get my own blog. Me? What did I have to blog? Now, it sounds funny, but, back then, I was in no mood to blog! Look at me now.

The
NetLingo.com Dictionary says this about blog:


a.k.a. blogger -or- blogrolling -or- weblog -or- Web log

A Web site (or section of a Web site) where users can post a chronological, up-to-date e-journal entry of their thoughts. Each post usually contains a Web link. Basically, it is an open forum communication tool that, depending on the Web site, is either very individualistic or performs a crucial function for an organization or company.

NetLingo.com has more information that you might like to know about blogging. As they say, this should tell you all you ever wanted to know about blogging, but was afraid to ask. I'm glad I did!

1 Comment:

Kerry said...

It took you this long to get it going after I asked you about it. If I had known then what I know now, I would never have mentioned blogging to you. I created a monster! hahaha

Seriously... you do have a great blog. As Donnie said, it is a very good resource. Keep it up!