Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #10


Thirteen Books on my desk, either read or being read

  1. The Good Life by Charles Colson with Harold Fickett
  2. Ninety Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper with Cecil Murphy - This is definitely a book I recommend for reading!
  3. Printed Sources - A Guide to Published Genealogical Records - Edited by KoryL. Meyerink
  4. Grandmothers are Like Snowflakes - No Two Are Alike - by Janet Lanese. My daughter-in-law gave me this one Christmas
  5. Pick a Better Country by Ken Hamlin
  6. I Love Being A Woman by Patsy Clairmont - You will never go wrong, reading one of her books!
  7. Revelation Unveiled by Tim LaHaye
  8. The New Jerusalem Bible
  9. National Audubon Society Field Guide to Birds Eastern edition
  10. God Is In The Small Stuff by Bruce & Stan
  11. Streams In The Desert - by Cowman
  12. Keys For Kids - Daily Devotional - I get this for my grandchildren
  13. The Bobbsey Twins - Solve A Mystery by Laura Lee Hope - one of my grandsons was reading this during the summer.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



1. Tracie
2. my 2 cents
3. Incog
4. MommyBa
5. Tink
6. Irish Church Lady
7. carmen
8. amy
9. Lisa
10. mar
11. Janet
12. Chaotic Mom
13. Tug
14. Carol M.
15. Tinker
16. on the Rock
17. Charmed1
18. Pass the Torch
19. Bev
20. PinkJeweledCat
21. Southern Girl
22. bernie
23. K T Cat
24. LaFlor
25. Faith
26. Jersey Girl
27. Chelle Y
28. BadHomeschoolMom
29. Jennifer
30. Margie
31. Margie
32. Amy
33. Kailani
34. Carol
35. Barbara H.

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.



20 Comments:

Tracie Nall said...

Great list! I love seeing what other people are reading!

Mine is up!

K said...

Sounds like good reading! Thank you for the suggestions. I haven't read any of the books listed except maybe the Bobbsey Twin one, long ago.

Lisa said...

They all sound like great reading - I really do need to make more time so that I can read a few of these.

DigiscrapMom said...

I think they are wonderful books!!!

Happy Thursday!

Tink said...

A book list is always welcome, thanks for the tips!
My TT is about birthday facts this week.

Carmen said...

i love these lists, because my library queue gets longer :)

Lisa said...

From one reader to another, I say BRAVO! I always have about 10 things I am reading at one time (or plan to!)

Thanks for bopping by Snarkypants and have a great Thursday!

MaR said...

Those are many books to read! I love taking a "peak" at what other people are reading, thanks! and happy TT :)

Diane said...

I saw #6 at the book store the other day. Since you recommand it, I might just go get it! :)

Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

The only ones I've heard of are 9 & 13 (wow, the Bobbsey Twins, what a blast from the past!), but #4 is such an awesome story :-)

thanks for visiting!

Tug said...

Nice list - I'll definitely have to check some of these out!

Thanks for stopping by - Happy TT

Anonymous said...

great list. i like to see what books i can possible get next. thanks for your list!

Anonymous said...

I had to finally buy a new book shelf for the bed room the book were piling up to high. I lvoe to read too!

Kelly Curtis said...

This makes me think I should take the time to read more. It's so hard to find time, though!
Home of Pass the Torch Tuesday

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of any of those books except The Grandmother's Are Like Snowflakes one. I've seen it a few times, but since the only grandmother I've ever had passed away in Dec of 2004, I'd probably cry the whole way through it. Ta for now dahling!

Southern Girl said...

Aww, I'm so glad to see that kids are still reading The Bobbsey Twins!

Thanks for visiting my TT!

bernie said...

I'm up at TT - 13 things France this Thursday

Anonymous said...

I've never read any of these books but I now have more to add to my "must read" list. Thanks!

Carol said...

I may have to add a couple of these to my own reading list. Thanks, Barb!

Anonymous said...

That's quite a variety! I agree about Patsy Clairmont. I saw a video of her speaking one time -- she's a riot! And spiritually she so often hits the nail right on the head and has me nodding in agreement.