Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #11


Thirteen Things I Like About Myself

  1. I have very thick hair that grows very fast. Everybody tells my beautician they wished they had my hair.
  2. I am very tall. That means I can reach the top cabinets with no problems.
  3. I love my green eyes. And, green looks good on me.
  4. I play the piano. I used to be pianist at my church.
  5. I enjoy computing, my website, and blogging.
  6. I made the best choice for a husband I could ever have made! It was 'love at first sight'!
  7. I can sew, crochet, and knit. I used to make custom drapes for a living. I also used to make my clothes, and some for my children. A friend from England taught me to knit in the mid-sixties. I learned to crochet when I was just a young girl. I can also tat, but I haven't done that in years.
  8. I enjoy just sitting around with my husband reading, watching television, or just having quiet time. That doesn't bother either of us.
  9. I love to read. I have loads of books, and I'm always buying more.
  10. I enjoy doing things for my daughter when she doesn't know about it. I love to surprise her, and go clean her house when she's not home. She's a single Mom with four children, and lives over an hour away.
  11. I love going out to eat. Doesn't matter where it is, as long as I don't have to cook! I don't mind cooking - just that I've done it so many years, it's time I got a break.
  12. I can shop all day and buy absolutely nothing. I've been known to pick up a few things, walk around the store, and finally go put them back, saying to myself, "you don't really need that". I come home happy because I've talked myself out of spending money.
  13. I can go all day without turning on the television. Sometimes, I've gone all day and haven't even noticed. I get involved in computing and forget the television!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



1. Raggedy
2. amy
3. Jasmine
4. my 2 cents
5. Debi
6. Goofy girl
7. TC
8. Jennifer
9. Nicole
10. Candy Minx
11. Mysterious Lady
12. Amy
13. N. Mallory
14. Jersey Girl
15. Chelle Y
16. Lisa
17. Janet
18. Brony
19. pixieprincessmom
20. Jenny Ryan
21. Bloggin\' Outloud
22. kristarella
23. Irish Church Lady

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.





20 Comments:

Raggedy said...

Great list!
Thanks
Mine is up

Unknown said...

I really need to do this list..you did a great job

K said...

A great list! You sound like such a nice person. It's fun to read lists like these!

Have a great Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Great list. :) You are very talented. #6, 8, 9 and 13 also apply to me. :) Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love books too. They're such wonderful "friends". And good for you on the shopping.

Goofy Girl said...

Sounds like you are a wonderful person!! Thanks for visiting me. I think it's great you love to surprise your daughter. That's my favorite one on the list.

Twisted Cinderella said...

Great list!

Anonymous said...

I did this theme this week too. I agree, green eyes are great. I also love to read and I'm tall. I guess I left those out.

Thanks for stopping by my TT. Hope you have a greak weekend!

Candy Minx said...

I like the surprising the daughter trick you play, thats awesome! I also think you are one of the lucky people who has skills too many people grow up without knowing how to sew or knit, and that worries me.

Nice list and you sound like a great person!
Candy
my TT list...

http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/2006/09/thirteen-things-i-can-do-to-save-world_14.html

Meira{FB} said...

Nice list! I can go all day with no TV too! Course there's nothing but repeats right now.

Happy TT!

Lisa said...

Will you come be my friend? You sound really nice!! We can read in silence together. And you can teach me to do the cool stuff you do.

Thanks for stopping by Snarkypants. Hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

It was great learning more about you. Happy Thurs and thanks for stopping by my T13.

Janet said...

What a great list, and how nice that you clean your daughter's house! I bet she really appreciates that :-)

Anonymous said...

#12 - You've successfully bucked the "Buy 2 and Save" advertising trend! Bravo.
Buying nothing is the ultimate savings. We need to find ways to convince ourselves that we don't need all this junk.
I'm still working on it :)

BlondeBrony said...

Great job. That was a wonderful list.
Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I so want to learn to knit, just haven't taken the time to pick up a how to book. So neat what you said about your hubby. It's nice getting to learn more about people.

Thanks for stopping by my tt & commenting. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :-)

Anonymous said...

Great list! Way to go on acknowledging so many wonderful things about yoruself.

Lyn said...

I like going out to eat as well! Blog is looking great. Chat with you later, lgp

Anonymous said...

Heh, I can go all day n th computer and sometimes miss lunch. It's kind of bad and I go stir crazy if I don't go outside but I don't notice that I've gone nuts until it's pretty much too late to go out in the sun.

Irish Church Lady :) said...

How nice of you to surprise your daughter and clean her house like that. I'm sure she really appreciates it.