Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #12



Things I Need To Do


1. Clean and paper my kitchen cabinets inside. I’ve put it off as long as I can.
2. Take my Mother shopping. She doesn’t drive very far, and it seems I’ve been too busy to take a day off and just go. She keeps reminding me.
3. Buy my pansies to put out in my flowers boxes for the fall. I didn’t do it last year, so I don’t want to miss it this fall.
4. Call my cousin who has the onset of Alzheimer’s disease. Her husband is a preacher, and she plays the piano and sings. I need to find out her condition as of now. Alzheimer’s is a terrible disease.
5. Defrag my computer. It has slowed down tremendously, and I just haven’t taken the time to clean it up. I could remove lots of programs that I don’t use, as well.
6. Lose weight. It’s a never-ending battle to lose weight, but I need to do it for myself, and my health. I’m not getting any younger!
7. Drag out the paint brush and paint and finish the work we started in our house a long time ago! I would like to finish it before I’m too old to care. I also have the wall paper for my middle bathroom.
8. Iron! I used not to worry about ironing – I’d do it willingly. Now, I have to make myself iron, and when I do, I do lots at a time. But, it’s easier to do it as you wash, believe me!
9. Give my refrigerator a good cleaning. I did throw out some things that were old other day. But, I need to take out everything, and just refresh the whole refrigerator.
10. Clean up my computer room. It’s a disaster area. You can hardly find my keyboard on my desk for all the clutter. But, I’m not the only one who occupies this room, and not the only mess-maker. 
11. Finish reading a couple books I’ve started. I don’t seem to ever have the time. But, I think I just need to take the time, since they are definitely good books.
12. Get the Church bulletin done before the weekend, but I see no way. Ball games will keep me from getting it done until the last minute!
13. Polish my nails.That is one of the hardest things for me to stop and do. I’m usually out some place and realize I meant to do it, but didn’t!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



1. amy
2. Francesca Gray
3. KarenW
4. PRACTiCAL CHiCK
5. Tiffany
6. Stephanie
7. Wacky Mommy!
8. nancy
9. Mandy
10. Jaime
11. Chelle Y
12. Jenny Ryan
13. Jenny
14. incog
15. kristarella
16. MommyBa
17. Barbara H.
18. LuluBunny
19. Lisa

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.



20 Comments:

Unknown said...

I will be praying for your cousin

Anonymous said...

I really need to defrag my computer. Its about finding the time, isnt it?

Anonymous said...

I 've got a lot of those same things on my list! Diet......hmmmm think I'll start tomorrow!

-atomik kitten said...

I didn't find your TT boring at all. Remember to find time for yourself, too! Weight loss is hard but it is worth it. :) Thanks for stopping by my TT.

Anonymous said...

Man, good list. Boy I need to do several of those things myself.

Tiffany said...

Good luck with finishing everything on the list! :)

Thanks for dropping by.

Caylynn said...

Good luck getting all those tasks completed. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Anonymous said...

Make a goal of one pound a week and you will get to where you want to be....

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh yikes, I can relate to a LOT of these.

5,6,7,8,9,10 and now you've reminded me I really need to do these things :=)

Mandy

Anonymous said...

I need to do so many of those same things! Ironing is just not on my priority list any more. I'm so blessed that my husband's shirts are no-iron as long as they are hung up straight out of the dryer.

Norma said...

So pick one and get started? Great list.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder about the pansies-I have been wanting to plant some for a long time!

And thanks for visiting my TT :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I must need a nap! I read #3 as "buy panties" instead of "pansies"! Pansies would certainly look better than your drawers! lol!! Thanks for visiting my TT!

Anonymous said...

you know what's on my list? new shelf paper... how boring IS that!!

Lisa said...

Many of those things are on my list to. Don't worry if you don't get all of them done. Take time for yourself too!!

Anonymous said...

Alzheimer's is terrible. Sorry that that is happening.
Try leaving your computer defraging over night, then you just have to set it up and leave it. The Add and Remove Programs makes it pretty easy to see what you don't use and uninstall it as well.
I need to get the polish off my nals! I've had some on my toes for months, there's not much left.
Good luck with those things.

DigiscrapMom said...

#6 is something I've been trying to do myself.

Good luck and I hope you'll be able to do everything that's on your list.

Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

I need to do some of those as well -- particularly #6.

Kayt said...

Good list! If I were to make a list of my to-dos it would strongly resemble this one (numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, and 13 would all be on mine!)

I can really relate to number 4 because before my grandmother died she had what we all, including her doctor, thought was Alzheimer's (it ended up being something else called Lewy Body Disease, another form of dementia - that's such an awful word). It was truly a terrible thing - I will say a prayer for both you and your cousin!

Thanks for stopping by my T13 - sorry it took me so long to respond - I haven't been online much the last few days.

Lisa said...

If you've finished all your housework, will you come do mine too? Pretty please?? :) I promise to provide cake.

Thanks for stopping by Snarkypants!