Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Pray for our Nation


2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.


I feel as though our nation is falling from grace. When her people continue to do things contrary to the Word of God, then we are treading on dangerous ground. We accept abortion as a right for the women. Oh, many of us know that it is wrong but can do nothing to stop it other than pray. Many fight for the right of the unborn; yet, abortion is still performed in America every day.

The Word says that it's an abomination for a man to lie with another man. (Leviticus 20:13) Yet, this is being stuffed down the throats of Americans as young as kindergarten! The belief is that all people are 'free' to do whatever they want with their bodies and nobody is to complain.

Then there is Israel. As a nation, we should be supporting Israel and not trying to force her to sell off her land. And, we should be her ally in everything. Yet, the president has said, if Israel sends a bomb the way of Iran, then she is on her own and we'll do absolutely nothing. My friends, that sounds like disaster for America. A nation that stands for Israel will be blessed, but one that does not stand behind her will not be blessed.

Christianity is being raked over the coals every where you look. The pastors are going to be held in contempt and jailed for what the government is going to call hate crimes. It will be a crime to teach against certain things in the Bible that are clearly wrong and being practiced in the US. This could get them a prison sentence.

I've lived a long time, watching all this unfold. And, in my observation, I believe the Lord's return is growing closer. Nations are rising against nation, people are hated for their faith, and many Christians are being persecuted. But, through all this, we shouldn't lose faith in the Word of God. He tells us to 'look up, for your redemption draweth nigh'.

9 Comments:

Cathy said...

You are exactly right, Barb. We do need to be in prayer for our country. And yes, His coming could be soon, with all that is going on. We need to be ready for His return.

Ginny Fisher said...

You have written about what is in my heart. Abortion is such an abomination and I believe allowing it is one of the causes of our troubles today.

And Israel! How scary that is to even THINK of turning our backs on Israel! If we do that I believe our existence as a powerful nation will come to an end.

As Christian's we're called to hate what God hates and abortion and gay rights are both things that God hates. America, wake up before it's to late!

Thanks for the good words. Ginny

Barbara said...

I believe the song "Just anytime now" is for the present time. Our Lord will soon return. I can't see how it could be very long with this nation SO perverted in it's ways. And things are not looking any better. In fact, everything I read from day to day is worse, especially coming from this present administration.

Mary said...

Yes, we do need to be in prayer for our country. Found your site on a pentecostal directive site. I am pentecostal, too. Mine is more of a housewife site, however, I will be re-posting some Bible posts that I took off to get my blog reorganized.

I would like to recommend our friend's site. It is new. Same scripture verse.

http://4christiansonly.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Also, I would like to say that I am still waiting for the Lord's return. Interest in this seems to have died out.

Barbara said...

Hi Mary. Nice to 'meet' you. Will check our yours and your friend's site. Thanks.

Mary said...

So great to find your blog. I agree with everything you said. Surely, the Lord's return is not far off. I am sad to see the demise of interest in the return of the Lord. Believing in His imminent return has a cleansing effect on the Church, but we have all lost interest in it, it seems. Glad to see that you haven't! Hallelujah! \o/

Barbara said...

No, His Word is Truth - and he says he's coming back. And the time is right for his return - we just don't know when. So we need to be watching and waiting and ready for it at any time.

Hubie Goode said...

You may enjoy some of the materials being provided by Dave Barton in relation to America's Christian founding and the very new and recent (in relation to America's age) trends in society and Government that have yet to play themselves out. Funny thing is, see, no one seems to learn anything from history, as though the past could never happen to us... despite the repeated cause and effect of the same things our nation is now allowing.

http://hubiegoode.blogspot.com