Saturday, August 07, 2010

Time is running out

I have often heard the saying that we came here dying. And that is essentially true. We grow day by day from a baby into adulthood. But we aren't really promised the next day.

I was sent an article by a friend this morning. The article talked about how we often put off things that we would like to do and may bring us much joy, but we give excuses as to why we can't do such things.

I know we've all been caught in the excuse realm. I say 'I need to clean house before I can ask friends over'. Or, I would go shopping, but I don't think I have the money to spend right now.

We pass up going to visit relatives we haven't seen in a long time. And, before long, the relatives are gone and we haven't visited them yet. We never know when that person, or even we, are going to pass from this life.

We had put off a vacation for years until this summer. I told my husband I was going on a vacation near our anniversary even if he didn't come. And, about two weeks before our anniversary, he called me from work and said, "decide where you want to go for 3 or 4 days". So we took off and had a good time. After all, the money, if there is any left (after this administration's actions) will go to our children, and we will have been denied any benefit of our hard work, if we do not go out and enjoy some of it! I decided it was time, whether we thought we could afford it or not, to go on a vacation, even a short one. And he has promised we might even take one to Branson, MO, this Fall!

But, seriously, we never know when our appointed time will be to leave this world. Time is running out if you don't know the Lord. Don't let it slip upon you without realizing the love that Jesus Christ can bring to your life.

Ecclesiastes 3:2, "A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;"

Technorati Tags: , , ,

4 Comments:

Cathy said...

A great post, Barb ~ Glad you got to go on vacation ~

Anonymous said...

Amen! Glad to have found your site.

Barbara said...

Thanks, Cathy. Had a great time.

Barbara said...

Ruth, so glad you did find me! My Mother's name is Ruth, too. :)