Thursday, September 23, 2010

You be the Judge

I was sent these two articles from my close Christian friend. I knew some of these things were happening but had no idea at what lengths pastors will go to get young people in church or to an 'on-line' church.

It doesn't matter what tactics they use to try and win the young. Only the TRUTH of GOD is going to hold them. When one is won through the Word of God, it will hold him. I do not believe someone drawn to a church through such tactics will be long in the church. It takes a true life-changing experience with God to make you want to leave your old life and join His kingdom! When God woos a person, it doesn't take anything extra to win him/her. Such tactics, to me, undermines the truth of God. It belittles the foundation to which one is trying to win the lost. And I do not believe God is amused at the way some pastors are trying to build their church.

3 Comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, my goodness, Barb, did I miss something? Like where is Jesus? Unbelievable. No, they won't last long, and should not be called a church, if you ask me. It sounds like some secular group to me.

Anonymous said...

I've railed against this for years. What these people are building are NOT churches but social clubs.

Barbara said...

I agree with you both, both secular and social clubs! And I don't think God is pleased.