Saturday, May 07, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

To all the Mothers out there, we wish you a Happy Mother's Day.

I am the Mother of two children, a son and a daughter. I remember the day they both were born and the excitement that filled our then 'young' hearts. We had only picked out two names before our first child, our son, was born. We picked out a boy's name and a girl's name. So, when I was pregnant the second time, we never picked out another name for a boy. It was an understanding with me that it was a girl. So, the night I went into labor, we were within a few blocks of the hospital when my husband said, "We never picked out another boy's name", to which I said, "Just get me to the hospital; we are having a girl." I never once doubted that God would give me the desires of my heart (Psalms 37:4), which was a son first and a daughter second. And that is what He did!

My children were a delight to us and now their children are also delights to us! It is like having your children all over again except you can send them home. But I love having my grandchildren around. And now our oldest grandson has added great grandmother/grandfather to our names since he now has a one year old daughter that we can love.

Thank the Lord for all Mothers who love and nurture their children in the ways of the Lord. He tell us to raise our children in the way they should go and they will never depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6) They may not be where they should be with the Lord at this moment, but hold fast to his promise and they will surely come! His promises are true!

Technorati Tags: ,