Saturday, February 20, 2010

What do you consider RICH?

Each of us has his/her own concept of rich. And I am probably correct in saying that most of us consider ourselves rich when we have great material wealth in this world. And that would leave lots of us out of the category of 'rich'. At least, it would me.

What does rich mean to you? Is it the attaining of a big bank account? Or, does it lie in that big home and beautiful furniture you now own? Does it mean that your family has blessed you beyond measure with happiness? Or perhaps it means your life - that you are alive today and that exemplifies 'rich'?

Any of the above may make you feel rich. But I love to think I am rich simply because I know God lives within me and that He is the reason I know where I will spend eternity. Being rich materially may satisfy us for awhile, but there is always a longing for 'more'.. we never seem to get enough of material things. But, with God who is the beginning and the end, the great I AM, we have assurance that there is an afterlife and we will be spending it with Him. I had rather be a rich man with God in my life than be a millionaire. In fact, I consider myself a millionaire in God! His blessings mean more than any earthly material thing could ever mean.

Proverbs 10:22, "The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it."

4 Comments:

Gabriella said...

Great Great Great Blog

Your blog is so excellent. I am your regular reader of your blog.

I follow your blog. I like your way of posting.

Hey i am interesting in adding your http://tidbitsandtreasures.blogspot.com//
in my blog
http://spacestation-shuttle.blogspot.com/


I am honored to add it to interesting blog list section.

Will you add my blog in your blog list.

Thanks for visiting my blog as well!

Please reply dear.

Barbara said...

Thanks Vijay. I just added you to my blog. Thanks for adding mine to yours.

Maxine said...

Amen, Barbara. I love these thoughts and that's the way we must believe as Christians

Barbara said...

Thanks, Maxine. Hopefully most Christians do feel that way. RICH in the wrong way can really hurt our outreach to the lost.