Thursday, December 27, 2007

After Christmas

Do you have the after-Christmas blues? Was your Christmas all you wished for, or wanted? Did you get that special gift you asked for? Did you go for the big deals the day after Christmas and fight the other shoppers doing the same thing? And, did you stand in a long line, waiting to make an exchange with a present you either didn't like or one that would not fit?

Well, I can say no to all of the above, other than we had a nice family Christmas at my house for the first time in years. We are usually spread very thin during Christmas since part of our family lives too far to just 'drop in' to visit. So this year, we decided to have a sit-down dinner with our immediate family and open gifts and just relax. And, it was great. We were joined by the girlfriend of our oldest grandson, too, and she is very sweet. It was nice having her here because she just fits right into the family.

My husband and I decided that we would not exchange gifts this year. Rather, I spent the money on the kids. We enjoy seeing their faces when they open their presents. They were slimmer this year than in previous years because of the cost of things. But, I don't think they seemed to mind. They received enough, anyway, from others to make up for what we didn't give. I think giving of your time and love means more than any material gift you can give.

So, how was your Christmas? Is life as good after Christmas as it was before? Are you just as happy and secure since not getting lots of presents as you were before? Or did your expectations not materialize and you are upset?

Christmas of 2007 is history, and the New Year of 2008 is quickly coming upon us. Why not let go of anything that may have made you unhappy in the year of 2007 and look forward to a wonderful new year in 2008. After all, life is wonderful whether you were given one or a dozen presents for Christmas, or just a hug and love! After all, the Bible tells us to 'love one another as I have loved you'. (John 15:12)

Technorati Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

Mimi said...

I had a wonderful Christmas... it was just my husband and I...
we spent the day watching Christmas movies and napping...
it was so peaceful and restful .....the kids called to wish us merry Christmas....
Happy New Year...

Cathy said...

Christmas with my family was very nice, and no, I don't have any after Christmas blues. I will,however, miss preparing all the Christmas posts on my blog.

Barbara said...

Mimi and Cathy, glad both of you had a nice Christmas.

Cathy, I already miss my Christmas header!