Sunday, December 30, 2007

Coming to a close

Less than 48 hours and we will end the year 2007. We will once again embark on a new year in which to make our mark. It is up to us what we make of it.

Many of us have gone through 2007 without accomplishing the goals that perhaps we had first set out to accomplish. As we grow older, it seems the time just slips by so quickly that we don't have enough time to do those things we would like to do. Or, perhaps we just don't take the needed time to do them. We let people and 'things' get in the way.

This year could be different for all of us. If we set our sights on things that need to be done and not procrastinate, maybe we can do much more in the new year than we have this past year. I know I have been slack in some areas, and I am going to try to change that. One of those areas is exercise. I believe we all need to keep our bodies in good shape. Exercise can keep down pain as we grow older. The muscles tend to become flabby and soft if we don't exercise. I am not saying this will be a New Year's resolution, but I am going to try my best to exercise regularly. I also have book reviews that I have been slack getting out. I intend to change that soon. In fact, I have one almost ready to post, and then I will once again start reading a new book for a review.

As this year comes to an end for you, what do you plan to do differently this next year? Remember, the time passes quickly the older we get. What comes on Tuesday, will be gone sooner than you think.

As the Word says, 'in the twinkling of an eye'.....we could be gone. So, do keep your lamps trimmed and burning and your eyes toward Him in this New Year.

Technorati Tags: , , ,