Saturday, July 05, 2008

ACLU vying to stop naval prayer

clipped from www.onenewsnow.com

For decades, lunch at the U.S. Naval Academy has been preceded by a brief, voluntary prayer. But earlier this year, the American Civil Liberties Union wrote the Academy demanding that the prayers cease. The ACLU claims the prayers violate the so-called "separation of church and state." But Joel Oster, senior counsel with the Alliance Defense Fund, says the real intent of the letter is clear.



"The ACLU wants to rid the U.S. government from anything religious. And this is just another example of them trying to get involved and trying to strip America from its religious heritage and its religious practices, and it must be stopped," Oster contends.
blog it
If the ACLU has their way, prayer will no longer be in existence in our country in the future! Give them an inch and they will take a mile! The government does not need to give into them and keep our military from praying at meals!

Technorati Tags: , ,

4 Comments:

Maxine said...

Of course you know that is half the problem in our country anyway. By the way, watch out for the Google ads which show when you talk about the those wedded folks who are of the same gender.

Barbara said...

Maxine, I know what you mean about the ads. I've noticed that the ads change to match whatever I'm talking about - not what my blog is about. I've been hearing lots about google lately.

Maxine said...

Also,Barb, you can filter some of them out on your account at the competitive ad filter. I have a growing list there on my account, because of some ads on my website which didn't fit. I still have to keep adding to it. You might want to go read up on that on your account. There is a way you can figure out the site where the ad is coming from if it doesn't specifically say. It's worth the trouble, I think. I don't particularly like many of the ads but some are more offensive.

Barbara said...

Thanks for reminding me, Maxine. I had read that, but I'll have to figure out how to do that. I've only seen a couple I didn't like - none about the wedded couples. :)So far, I've had good ads, with the exception of a couple from the marriage places - finding a mate. I don't care to have those here. But who knows? They may be the ones people are clicking.