Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas Party Ideas

Christmas is almost here. Most of us will be having friends and family over for a holiday get-together. If you are in the party mood for Christmas, then Celebrations.com is the place to go. They have all kinds of ideas from decorating your home, setting your table with Christmas decorations, to topping your tree. Ideas for Christmas Decorations for your favorite party can be found at Celebrations.com.

If your family enjoys games, then why not play Christmas Bingo at your party. You have the regular Bingo cards, but you substitute the numbers with a picture of something that relates to the Christmas season. You can go online to Dltk-cards.com to print out cards for the occasion if you aren’t in the mood to make your own. You play the game just as you would the regular game of Bingo. You can have the winner each time to holler out “Merry Christmas” to add to the fun. Many will, out of habit, say Bingo.

If there are children in your family that will be attending, then why not prepare a separate party table for them. Make it a Candy Cane Christmas party. You can prepare a candy cane buffet by using candy cane cookie cutters to make small sandwiches for the children out of peanut butter and jelly or perhaps ham and cheese. You could have candy cane cookies for dessert, served with a glass of milk and candy cane stir sticks.



2 Comments:

Cathryn said...

Hey Barbara ~ Two things. First your picture at the top of your blog is very nice - breathtaking.
Second ~ I'm not sure what it is but consistently something holds up your page from uploading. I don't know what it is and it finally does upload. I was patient and waited each time until it lost the hourglass so I could continue moving around your site. I don't know if this is some of the stuff you have running down the side that slows it down and it just all needs to upload. That may be the case. I just thought I would let you know ~ you have a nice blog and it is worth the wait until it gives you the cursor back ~ but in a world where everyone is go go go some might get a bit impatient. I hope not because it is a great blog. Lord Bless ~ Cathryn

Barbara said...

Thanks, Cathryn. This is about 3 or 4 pictures I've had up there. Just get tired of one and put up another.

I know sometimes the pages do not load quickly,and I have no idea why. The others had loaded fine, but this one was held up a long time. I noticed something about trying to load something on Google and I didn't recognize what that was.

I know it takes patience sometimes. I'm going to try and figure out what is holding it up. I think it's something on the right side bar. I might move what I think it is over to the left bottom and see if it loads any faster. Thanks for calling this to my attention.