Thursday, October 02, 2008

The upcoming election


I know we all have probably been obsessing about the debate between Governor Sarah Palin and Senator Joe Biden tonight. And we know this could have an effect on tomorrow’s polls leading up to the election on November 4th. As I was reflecting on all this, praying for things to go smooth, the Lord reminded me of a scripture that I am sure most of you can quote:

Isaiah 55:8, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD."

We see the outward appearance of these candidates, not their heart. God sees every aspect of them, their lives, their thoughts and, more importantly, their intentions in the future. It seems very scary for you and I, but just a ‘piece of cake’ for the Lord. In other words, He doesn’t want us to obsess over the election. He wants us to pray and then trust Him to know what this country needs. We all have our preferences in this election. We all see things we don’t like and feel we could never put up with. But our hands are tied with the exception of voicing our opinions and praying for the best to come to our country in the way of a President who is on our side.

Again, in the view of this upcoming election we would do good to remember what is said in the following scripture and do those things that we are told to do. And, then, perhaps our prayers will be answered.
2 Chronicles 7:14, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."


Technorati Tags: , , ,