Wednesday, October 08, 2008

When problems arise


All of us find ourselves in situations we never wanted to be. Many times the problems are so terrible that we have a hard time coping with them. That is what has happened to us here at my house. There was property beside and behind us that we had tried to buy a couple times - only 5 1/2 acres. Well, the people wouldn't sell it to us. But money reared it's head and it was sold to a group of men that have businesses we don't like. We have been told lies for over two months about what was going in that property. A big excavating, building company came in yesterday, hung their signs and started clearing it out. Finally, one of the guys told my husband when he asked, that they were building a Bingo hall there. You can imagine our reaction, considering the parking lot is going to be right behind our house. We have only 60 feet from the corner of our house to the end of our property on the back although we own lots of land. But there is a 55 yard spot that we had tried to buy to keep anything like this from happening. They tell us they are leaving about 15 feet of trees for a buffer zone and then will put up a 10 foot lattice fence for privacy, not that it makes us feel any better. And, on the front, I pray they will put one there facing the end of our house considering that you can see right into our garage from that view!

Well, I've been praying and passing around a prayer request that God would stop this building before it gets started. The builders told my husband this morning that it would only take them six weeks to finish the job if the weather held up. Well, I've been really upset over this, but tonight God reminded me of a song: Leave it there

Here's the chorus:

Leave it there, leave it there,
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there.
If you trust and never doubt, He will surely bring you out.
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there.


When we begin to go through these problems in our lives, we quickly wonder what WE can do. Our first thought should be, what can God do - what WILL GOD do? He will do whatsoever we let Him Do, easy as that! We so often bind his hands when he would be so happy to help his child. I'm trying my best to just give this all over to the Lord. I've prayed and asked God to remove this building, not to let it be built, no matter what it took. But now I know He will do whatsoever He feels is right for the situation. I have to leave it all in his hands and trust that he knows what is best in this situation. So I've taken my burden to the Lord and I'm going to leave it there and not obsess over the outcome. Have you ever been in a situation like this where you were so worried that it was hard to turn it over to the Lord? I'm reminded of the following verse:

Ephesians 3:20, "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,"

Technorati Tags: , .

4 Comments:

Maxine said...

I've been there, Barbara! Aww, I am so sorry you have this distressing situation. I will join you in prayer about it.

BTW, I thought our economy was about to crumble--how is it that we can be building places where people can gamble the money that they're so short on? (Sorry, I couldn't resist that.)

Barbara said...

Thanks for the prayers, Maxine. And you have asked the same question my husband and I have been asking. How can these people justify gambling their money away with the economy like it is? Perhaps they figure, if they go broke, the government will bail them out! It's people like us that are the ones that are going to hurt. The others will go on welfare! Isn't that what the government is after - to have everyone beholden to them?

Rick said...

I'm praying that Bingo will go belly up and you'll be able to buy the property and havea great big shop for you to park your stuff in. Make sure that they paint it a color you like.

Barbara said...

Thank you, Rick, for your prayers. I agree with you. We are trusting God to work this all out for us. We just walked out there and they have the pad staked off for the building. It is sickening to know what the property looked like and now see the nakedness that's there now. I know the devil is on his job, but GOD knows the ending!