Friday, June 24, 2005

Death

It doesn't matter how many times we've experienced it in our families or with friends, death doesn't come any easier.

This week, we have buried my husband's oldest sister. She was 86 and very sick. But, that didn't make it any easier for the family to lose a sister, wife, mother, or grandmother. Her presence is no longer with us, but her spirit is. She will always be remembered as the one who never missed a chance to ask you if you knew her Jesus.

As I read my emails this week, following this funeral, I found that, on Monday, another prayer warrior went home to be with the Lord. She had battled cancer a long time.

Then, opening the next email that said, 'PapaJerry goes home'..... I thought it meant he had gone home from the hospital. But, I got the shock of my life! I had known he had been diagnosed with Lymphoma, but that was only weeks ago. But, Jerry, our beloved "PapaJRay", as he was known to those of us who had the privilege of knowing him on the Internet, had gone home to meet his Jesus!

PapaJ was a very wonderful person, loved his Lord more than anything. He loved his wife, his children, and his friends. I had the privilege of knowing PapaJ for years, but had never met him. I did have the privilege of hearing him sing with that beautiful voice through CD's he had sent me many years ago. Earth has lost a wonderful human being, but Heaven is richer tonight, with the voice of PapaJ singing in that Heavenly Choir!

If you want to get acquainted with PapaJ, visit Papa's Pipeline