Saturday, May 03, 2008

Taking pictures



My husband and I got out in the yard this afternoon and I took my camera. We have lilies blooming in the front and I wanted to get a picture. I have a Canon Powershot S3 IS camera with image stabilizer. My hands shake somewhat when I am trying to take a picture and the image stabilizer lets me get some pictures without them appearing fuzzy.

I really enjoy taking pictures of flower, birds, and other animals. I would really like to go to a wildlife or bird sanctuary in Alabama to be able to take some nice bird pictures. We see lots of birds here in our yard, but you have to sit for a long time just waiting on them to appear. And it is not very often that you see a new bird at the feeders.


Yesterday, I made a picture of a rose bush at my Mother's house. It is called Seven Sisters which is a very old rose and was handed down in her family. I was amazed at how many different colors of roses were on the same bush. I suppose that is how it got it's name.



Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Cathy said...

Your pictures are so pretty, Barb. Maybe one day I can get a fine camera like you yours.

Barbara said...

Thank you, Cathy. I saved to buy that camera last year and now you can get it at a considerable savings from what I had to pay for mine. It really is a great camera. Seems you buy it today and tomorrow it is out of date, just like these computers. :)

Mimi said...

the rose bush is just amazing...one could spend hours just gazing at it..and trying to figure our just how many variations of pink there are in the flowers...

Barbara said...

Mimi, I hadn't realized just how many different colors of roses were on the bush until Friday when I took the picture.

Talk..to..Grams said...

Thanks for your visit!! Your flowers are so pretty! I love the rose bush at your Mother's! How beautiful!! Love and hugs Grams

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hi again, Always tickled when you come over and visit!! The weather looks a little stormy this afternoon. I haven't noticed if they have flood watches out or not.
Love and hugs, Grams