Thursday, June 05, 2008

Character Traits

Laura Ingraham is running a poll on the one character trait most needed in a presidential candidate. She has listed

  1. Honor
  2. Integrity
  3. Courage
  4. Honesty
It didn’t take me long to pick out the trait I feel is most needed in a Presidential candidate. I was brought up to be honest. We raised our children to be honest. When you are honest and lies aren’t in your vocabulary, you never have to back up one lie with another to try and stay ahead. You never have to worry to whom you told your last lie because you are a very honest person. We have lived that throughout our lives and it has served us well.

I believe, when you are honest in all things, then the other three, integrity, courage, and honor, will follow. People will take note that your character is impeccable. They won’t have to second-guess your decisions. Oh, there will be times when the devil perches on your shoulder and whispers in your ear that you don’t need to be ‘that honest’ – don’t listen. Sometimes honesty does hurt. You may have to tell someone something that will not be pleasant, but do it in love. Don’t rush to judgement with any circumstance.

And, when all is said and done – you have lived your life in honesty, stuck to strict moral and ethical codes, and had the courage to be honest with everyone. That is when you gain the honor of being a person who never lets life get in the way of being a moral, decent, uncorrupted human being! You may not be rich in worldly things, but you are rich in what counts!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

What a great post! I have been reading your older posts and they were good,too. Our country sure needs our prayers!!! Love and hugs Grams

Barbara said...

Thanks, Grams. Glad you are enjoying the posts. Yes, our country definitely needs our prayers!!

Carol said...

I picked integrity because it seems to me the other three are included therein. Well, to me, anyway.

Trish said...

Just found your blog - I love what you have to say!

I - like Carol - said Integrity for the same reasons... a trait I feel Obama does not hold.

Barbara said...

Hi Trish, thanks for stopping by. I certainly agree that Obama has no integrity. One day he says it, the next day, he says he hasn't. I don't understand how so many people are willing to vote for a person who can't make up his mind on what he's done or what he believes, and has no solid foundation of beliefs he is standing on. How can a man like him run our country successfully?