The Bible talks about what will go on in the last days.
- 2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
- 2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
- 2 Timothy 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
- 2 Timothy 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
- 2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
- 2 Timothy 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
- 2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
I don’t know about you, but I feel we are definitely in the last days. Too many things have taken place and so many people are denying Christ. So many have never even been taught about the Lord or ever been in a church. And I came across one thing that has happened here in the United States to make me more aware of the problem.
In Colorado they passed a law which could cause it to be a crime to publish the Bible.
SB200, a Colorado state bill recently signed into law, http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=66829 criminalizes the Bible. Section 8 of the bill entitled "Publishing of discriminative matter forbidden" makes publishing the Bible illegal because it contains anti-homosexual passages. This is part of a larger effort to criminalize the expression of certain opinions and beliefs.
Not only are we, as Christians being told that God should be taken out of everything in public and we should keep it in the church. But, some day there might be a reason that a case is made that the Bible should no longer be published because it teaches derogatory things, according to some.
In the scriptures above, I see things leading right up to this situation –
- Lovers of their own selves
- Without natural affection
- Lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God
Many calamities have happened in the last few years. Tsunami’s killing thousands, earthquakes where you would not think there would be one, hurricanes killing so many people, people turning against their own families (kids against their parents, parents against their kids) – so much in the Bible is coming to pass. I believe it’s time to look up for “your redemption draweth nigh”. (Luke 21:28)
Technorati Tags: Last Days, Bible, God, Redemption