Friday, August 17, 2007

A day in the life of a blogger

Some of us bloggers have a life, believe it or not. But, that does not mean we are not addicted to blogging. On the contrary. I blog every chance I get. Or, at least, I read blogs and comment even if I don’t have a thing to blog about. I suppose you could say blogging has gotten into my blood.

I get up with blogging on my mind, literally. When my husband is around, he likes to say I’m hooked to the computer/laptop, whichever one I am working on at the time. But, that does not mean that I don’t busy myself with other duties. I do get up and make my breakfast before I blog. I have to have a good breakfast to give me the energy to blog! 

I wash my dishes, clothes, and whatever else needs to be done. I’m not as adamant about housework as I once was. I’ve learned it will be there when I get back to it. And, I have been known to leave the house and stay gone all day, never to touch the computer until late, as I did today. I’ve also been known to go on vacation for a week and never look at a computer. So, I’m not an addict – just addicted.

I do have a Christian web site, but since I started blogging a little over two years ago, it has not been tended to like it once was. But, it still gets thousands of hits, many more than this blog, and I also do a newsletter. But, when I started to blog, I felt like it was my little niche on the Internet. I don’t post personal things about my family, but I do post on various things, including Christianity, politics, news, the persecuted church, etc. So, you see, it does keep me rather busy. Sometimes I run into a slump, and I might got a few days without posting. But, that does not mean I am tired of blogging, or that I am about to quit something I dearly love.

I love to blog. I do not like to get into arguments or big debates on blogs. I see where some blogs have taken their authors and it is not for me. I do love comments, though. I don’t mind a round of comments/questions/answers, etc, but not to argue. I have seen a few get washed out on blogging – hopefully, it will never happen to me.

By the way, I do have friends outside of the blog. I do occasionally talk on the phone to my friends and my children. I do go shopping; in fact, I did that today. I even made a visit to a sister-in-law for a couple hours this afternoon. My mind was far from blogging. But, here I sit, in my nice easy chair, with my laptop on my knee – blogging away. In between, we have eaten three meals – 2 at home, and one out, since I did meet my husband for lunch while I was out running round. So, now that you know I am just a normal person, with a life, and addicted to blogging, I’ll get back to what I dearly love, writing for the Internet.

Linked at Conservative Cat
Church and State

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind wishes, Barb. I totally relate to your "addiction" to blogging. I've learned to stop mid-posting, wrestle with my boys, and return to posting. All without missing a beat...usually.

Have a nice weekend. Hopefully you'll get some of this rain.

Cathy said...

Surprise! I have something for you over at my blog. :-)