Monday, April 09, 2007

Guidance

I got an email to day about guidance. The email mentioned that “G” made this person think of God, then you have “U” and “I”, plus Dance. Two people cannot lead in a dance. Otherwise, you’d have no place to go, or, worse, you would be stepping on each other’s toes.

  • Psalms 25:5, "Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."
When we let Him do the leading, and we do the following, then we are less likely to stray from the path, on which He would prefer we walk. It is so easy to get in with the wrong crowd, if we lose sight of the Word, and do things that would separate us from God.
  • Psalms 23:3, "He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."
In these two scriptures above, we see that, when we let God do the guiding, and we do the following, He leads us in truth and righteousness, and teaches us the truth, and restores our soul. Only God can lead us in the path of righteousness, and, when we are discontent, it leads us to an unsteady walk. Just as in dancing, we have to be willing for one to lead, we need to surrender to God and let him do the guiding in our walk with Him.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,