Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen 29




Thirteen Things I do not like
  1. Cars cutting me off in traffic – they will pass, almost hitting me, and then get right in front and start slowing down, only to make a right hand turn. Why can’t they have a little patience?
  2. Having a conversation with someone, and, when someone else comes up and interrupts, the person you were talking to just dismisses your conversation and starts up one with the other person. Makes you feel a little like you are not important.
  3. Seeing a ‘for sale’ ad, going to the store, and finding they don’t even have the product. Then, they refuse to give you a rain check. It was all a gimmick to get you into the store, hoping you would buy something more expensive. I usually leave the store without buying anything.
  4. Having my schedule interrupted by others changing their minds, or games being cancelled, or played in another location.
  5. Having something, like a car or truck, supposedly ‘fixed’, only to find they not only didn’t fix what was wrong, but tore up something else in trying to fix it. Then, they expect you to pay them for what they did!
  6. Having my power cut off for work to be done – and they don’t give us a little cut in our power usage cost. After all, we have done without; why should they be paid?
  7. Ordering something from an online company, and it taking forever to get it. Or, ordering from someone on Ebay, who is supposed to be honest, and then, they don’t answer emails and fail to send the product for weeks, or may not send it at all.
  8. Being intentionally lied to, and the person knows I know they are lying.
  9. The continuous coverage of something on TV that doesn’t mean a hill of beans to the average person. Yet, they think we need to know. Oh, I know there are people out there that strive on this kind of stuff – but enough is enough!
  10. Obnoxious or distasteful ads on television.
  11. That satellite/cable TV doesn’t allow the subscriber to put together their own program schedules of things they like, rather than having to pay for numerous channels we never watch – like all the music channels, and MTV.
  12. That the color black comes in so many shades. You can never match something black from one designer with something from another – colors vary so much it looks tacky.
  13. The barrage of words directed at President Bush and his cabinet about the way they have done their job, and that Bush needs to be impeached. It is all so ridiculous!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Thursday Thirteen Participants
1. Lene
2. Susan Helene Gottfried
3. MamaToo
4. Ctina
5. Shannon
6. Jen
7. Judy
8. Wacky Mommy
9. L-Squared
10. Thomma Lyn
11. Christine
12. Xilly
13. gem
14. Gabrielle
15. Jane
16. Sonja Foust
17. Amy Ruttan
18. Kathy
19. Missy
20. Lisa
21. Raggedy
22. My Twenty Cents Keeps Moving
23. spyscribbler
24. Janet
25. delightfulduchess
26. Amy
27. Irish Church Lady
28. Dane Bramage
29. Marcia

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.



Technorati Tags:

29 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great list. I can definitely relate to many of them!
It drives me batty when conversations get cut off and the person moves on. Happy TT!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Happy TT, Barb! Thanks for visiting West of Mars; come back more often. And don't let the turkeys get you down; they're not worth it.

MamaToo said...

I can relate to many of these! Sometimes we need to just let off a little steam and then the annoyances are more tolerable, eh?

Christina (BookTasty) said...

I agree with #1! But especially when they driver don't use their turning signals! Thanks for the comment on my post by the way :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with your traffic comment. It saves them a 1.5 seconds, but causes others a headache...

Anonymous said...

OH MY! We have so many of these things in common! Rite Aid is FAMOUS for advertising wonderful things then when you get to the store they have NOTHING. GRRR! My TT is kind of similar this week. "13 things that drive me batty." I think it is the week for all to come out! :) Have a wonderful week!

Jenny McB said...

I agree with most of your list, it is so rude when people stop a conversation without apologies.

Totally with you on the power- I know it will go out tomorrow with snow expected.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Judy Callarman, Scrabble Has-Been said...

Hi, Barb--

Yep, I can identify with all these things on your list!

L^2 said...

I agree with most of the things on your list. However, I guess I don't have the same kind of traffic problems, because I don't drive.
Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Good list, Barb! I dislike rudeness, whether in traffic or in conversation, and so many people are so selfish and out for themselves: dishonest and expecting people to pay for services or goods that are never delivered.

Happy TT, and thank you for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

Rude drivers, liars, and the variance in black - agreed - all irritants.

My TT is up as well - lessons learned from my mom & dad.

Xilly said...

Agree with you for no. 5. The workshop guys are too bad.

Anonymous said...

Good point about the color black. You are absolutely right. Thanks for visiting my TT.

Jane said...

I can SO relate to many of these. I really HATE it when someone cuts me off OR when they tailgate!!!!
Thanks for stopping by my T13, don't be a stranger!

Sonja Foust said...

Happy TT. Can't say I agree with ALL of these, but we all get our buttons pushed by different things. ;-)

Penny said...

I agree & relate on every single one of those!

Wonderful list and have a great day!

Amy Ruttan said...

Happy TT. Number 1 drives me crazy as I usually have my babies in the back seat.

What is up with drivers like that. My day job involves lawsuits that deal with MVA from morons like that. So I see the end result of stupidity.

Anyways Happy TT, thanks for dropping by mine.

Anonymous said...

Yup! We definitely have a lot in common. I completely agree with you about Bush.

Kathy said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my site!
I agree with everything on your TT list! That black thing...I don't own enough black clothing to notice that...sorry. I especially agree with your #13, Bush has been our best president since Reagan. I just cringe when I think of the upcoming election. What in the world are we going to end up with?
Shudder the thought!
Great list.

Lisa said...

Number 12~ Or when the blacks fade to different degrees. Argh!

Thanks for visiting.

Raggedy said...

I can relate to most of these on your list.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
Thank you for your visit.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Spy Scribbler said...

The cable thing, YES! I so wish we could just order the channels we actually watch (like, 3 or 4!) and save a TON of money!

Happy TT! Thanks for popping by my blog!

Janet said...

Oh, I can totally relate to #1!

Anonymous said...

ok, I have to agree with most of them. I can add more about things I hate about things that go on at work/school.

Eimi said...

That is a great list-- I hate a lot of those things too! They drive me up a wall. Best Buy does that for sale stuff all the time. I have stopped going there.

And bringing your car in does seem to make something ELSE go wrong. I have no idea what they are doing in there!

I wish I could pick the channels we want. I miss TBS and USA but don't need the weather channel.

Irish Church Lady :) said...

That was a cool list and I think I have a lot to say on it!

#2 I hate when people do that too!

#3 With the price of gas these days, I don't bother going around to different stores to get items on sale. If I'm walking, or can hit a few stores at the same location and get some sales, I do but otherwise, I think it's not worth it.

#4 Car repairs. Yup.
#7 I haven't watched TV all week or maybe even longer. Tonight I have it on for the first time. I saw on ET that they have now determined the paternity of Danny Lynn Smith. Yup, don't feel like I've missed much.
#12 Navy is even harder to match. There are so many different shades of it. Jackets never match pants unless you buy them together as a suit.

Thanks for playing along with my Itty Bitty TT! It was fun reading all the comments using those 13 words!

Dane Bramage said...

I think lying should be a capital offense. Liars should be hung. But that's just me. I agree with #13 110%. And if they instituted the death penalty for liars, many of the people in #13 would be on Death Row anyway. I call it a win-win. Thanks for visiting my T13.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Oh, most of these I'm right with you. Eleven and Twelve especially frustrate me.

devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Good post; I am irked by most of these things, too. Especially the traffic, and people interrupting ones!

Thanks for stopping by my TT last week; I'm just now getting around to visiting people.