Monday, February 11, 2008

Another school shooting

What is going on with our nation's young? Every where you look, there seems to be one more shooting in school. Today, a student was shot by a fellow student during gym class at a Memphis, Tennessee school.

It is the second shooting reported in a Memphis high school this month. On Feb. 4, a 16-year-old student was shot in the leg in side a classroom during an argument with another student over music. The student suffered non-critical injuries and the suspected shooter was charged.

If I had a child in school today, I think I'd be wanting the school officials to install metal detectors in every door way. Then, have guards checking out the cars of every student. There just seems a need for some kids to have a gun, which is definitely not a good thing for school environment and the hot tempers of some kids. There comes a time when one has to give up some freedoms, and this seems to be one of those times! It may not be the choice of some parents. But, I would rather have a live child than a dead one! And, if metal detectors could help, why not install them?

Linked at Conservative Cat

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

4 Comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

thanks so much for the visit and comment at my site..I agree..our whole culture has descended to this level!

Rita Loca said...

Very nice blog you have here!

Barbara said...

Thank you, Jungle Mom. I'll be over to check your blog out.

Mimi said...

thank goodness two of my grandchildren have graduated and the other five are being homeschooled...
but you are not really safe just going shopping any more either...
I'm afraid that we have fallen far from being the safe haven and the land of the brave and free...
thanks for the post...
Mimi