Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - #37


I have not posted a Thursday Thirteen in months. So, here are some of the things that have gone in my life since then.


  1. My oldest grandson is in his second semester of his Freshman year of college.
  2. I bought myself a new digital camera - Canon s3 IS. I have truly enjoyed it. I am able to sit in the bleachers and make pictures at the games.
  3. Christmas was spent at home this year with our children and grandchildren coming over. We had dinner and opened gifts. Then they all went home - the older grandchildren wanted to see their boyfriend and girlfriend.
  4. We had a quiet time on New Year's Eve. My daughter's two younger boys were here for a week. Papa shot fireworks with them in the cold air. I stayed in the house. The next day, we all target practiced. I actually hit those little targets every time! So be careful when you come to rob my house. :)
  5. My husband has only got to work one day this year on his truck. Pray for his work! It has really slowed down. We are hoping it will pick up as the weather warms up.
  6. My husband had the flu this year. He was in bad shape for about two weeks. But, we think he will be fine now.
  7. I spent last Wednesday in the doctor's office with my 14 year old grandson. Had to pick him up at school and bring him to town to the Dr. He had the stomach virus and was out of school for the entire week.
  8. I was at my Mother's weekend before last for 3 days. Friday is the day I get my hair done at the beautician's, buy my Mother's groceries and go eat with her. Her septic tank went out. We spent Saturday getting it cleaned out. It still didn't work. We found out we could have had Roto-Rooter first and it would have been fine. We had that done on Sunday and the guy they sent out was not a real professional.
  9. I have been reading a 3 book series from John Aubrey Anderson called The Black or White Chronicles. I am almost through the third book. I highly recommend these books if you like fiction mixed with Christianity.
  10. I went to the first soccer games I've been able to attend last night. Two of my daughter's children are on the Varsity teams at school - boys and girls. They played at the same school. The girls beat 2-0, the first time to beat this school. The boys lost 5-2, and they usually beat them. My granddaughter is a captain of her team. The grandson had been sick the week before and didn't get to practice so we thought he would not play. But, he got to play half of both halves. He was excited and almost made a goal, but let an older player (a friend) jump in and make the play. He wishes now he had made the goal.
  11. I am back to birdwatching again. We have had lots of beautiful birds including a yellow-bellied sapsucker. The Blue Jay, Cardinal, Doves, and mocking birds have been in our back yard feeding already.
  12. I've been meaning to buy pansies to plant at my Mother's and also here at my home. But, i have yet to buy them. Guess I've gotten a little lazy!
  13. I woke up this morning not feeling too good. I had a headache and stopped up head. I slept most of the morning and didn't get on the computer until this afternoon. Hopefully, I'm not taking the flu!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




25 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the older Canon S2 IS and it is wonderful! And I'll stay clear from your house ;)

Nicholas said...

Nice post. Welcome back to TT.

Christina said...

Glad to have you back with the TT'ers!!

pussreboots said...

My daughter and I have had that stomach bug too. Hope your grandson is feeling better. Happy TT.

Di said...

I can't promise pansies, but I have loads of blooming daffodils that will be mown down in the clearing of my lot for building next week. You are welcome to them!!!

Dreamer said...

Nice post! Welcome back! Happy Thursday! :)

Anonymous said...

Prayers for work en route.

Welcome back to Thursdays!

Cynthia Rose said...

happy TT
my very first one is up!

jayedee said...

welcome back! hope to see another next week too! happy t13!

Anonymous said...

My children love to watch birds too. Welcome back to TT.
Blessings

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

Happy TT!

Barb said...

It sounds like you have a full and rewarding family life. How wonderful. :)

Lynne said...

I woke up feeling that same way this morning. I had my husband give me to Aleve before he left for work and after I got up I took an allergy pill. It's helped, but my head is sore. Nice day to sit and read TT!

sewingmom.com

Addicted to crafting said...

welcome back to TT! I'll pray for your hubby! :)

Lilibeth said...

I like your key verse. Welcome back to TT. Lots of flu in our neck of the woods too. Except it's not woods. hmmm.

The Gal Herself said...

Sorry to hear your husband wasn't feeling well. I've heard about a strain of flu that no flu shot can stop. Do you suppose that's what he had? Enjoy your camera and thanks for visiting my TT.

KarenW said...

I've been absent on Thursday Thirteen for months too. Did my first one in a while today. You sure have been busy.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been busy. I hope your Grandson is getting better!

Happy TT!

Dane Bramage said...

Well it seems you were not idle when you were gone. Welcome back.

Thanks for visiting my T13 13 More Answers to the 100 Questions Meme BTW fungus on pizza always refers to mushrooms.

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog!
I enjoyed reading through some of your posts too!
by the way - I noticed you are from Alabama - I moved to northern Iowa last year from Montgomery - I miss the warm weather!!!! :)

Melanie said...

Wow- sounds like you have been quite busy!

Maxine said...

Nice catching up with what you've been doing. Hope you don't get the flu, Barbara! You seem to spend a lot of time with grandchildren. That's so very nice.
I haven't done a Thursday Thirteen in ages either.
Hope you have a good and healthy weekend!

Cindy Swanson said...

Barbara, I enjoyed getting to know you a little better by reading about the latest happenings in your life! You are so blessed to have your grandchildren near you. It sounds like you love it, too. Thanks for stopping by my TT!

damozel said...

I am so sorry about your husband. That must have been terrifying. I'd a million times rather be sick myself than have it happen to mine.

Welcome back and I'm glad things are better.

Thanks for visiting ours!:
13 Great Works of Art to be Found in NYC

Cathy said...

Well, it seems many people have missed your TT. You do write interesting ones, and I also enjoyed it.