Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Proud to be an American

Copyright Graphics by Irene

The last few days we have heard the commentary on a statement made by Michelle Obama. In a campaign statement, she said, "for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country." I have no idea where she's been all her life to just now find a place where she can be proud to be an American. The freedom we have in this country should make each of us be proud to be an American! No other country has the freedoms we do.

Just a few of the words from Lee Greenwood's song "I'm Proud to be an American" should make everyone stop and think what it means to be an American.
And I’m proud to be and American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
Michelle Malkin writes a good piece on the subject entitled "Michelle Obama's America and mine".


Another thought provoking post is over at Third World County entitled "Change is good?".


I cannot picture myself being born and growing up in a different country than America. We have opportunities here that people in other countries would love to have. No wonder you find so many migrating/immigrating to America to live out the dreams they have. Sure, there are hardships here, problems, high costs, etc., but tell me a place on this planet that doesn't have problems? Outside of heaven, you will not find a place that is totally peaceful and not hit by the plague of problems. But, here in America, we have a chance to make a difference. The question is, 'what are we going to do about it?' WE are America and we can make a difference, if we make the right choices. Heaven help us if we 'make a change just to make a change to make a point'.

Linked at Conservative Cat

Technorati Tags: , , Change

1 Comment:

commoncents said...

Love you page!

Would you like a Link Exchange with The Internet Radio Network?? At the IRN you can listen for free to over 60 of America's top Talk Shows via Free Streaming Audio...

http://netradionetwork.com