Sunday, December 28, 2008

She shall be called Woman

God created Adam and then caused him to go into a deep sleep. He removed one of Adam’s ribs and formed a woman, later named Eve.

Genesis 2:23, "And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."
While reading that scripture tonight, it reminded me of my deceased father-in-law. I often smile when I think about this. But, I never heard him call my mother-in-law anything but ‘the woman’ when he was talking to someone about her. . He would say, ‘tell the woman someone wants her’, or the woman will have to do so and so’. I often wondered how he came about calling her that. Perhaps he read what Adam had said and took it to heart. She was 9 days short of 18 and he lacked 3 ½ months being 17 when they married. They lived together for 66 ½ years until she died. I believe they had a happy marriage and it never bothered her to be referred to as ‘the woman’. It still brings a smile to my face!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 Comment:

Cathy said...

That is cute, Barb. He probably did get it from the Word.