Monday, August 14, 2006

"I am quite mad".......

I’ve been watching Jordan’s View blog to see if he has found what he is looking for (his last post). But, he hasn’t posted again since May. But, in looking at other posts, I ran across his April post on the Christian Carnival. And, I read this:

I am quite mad, in my own special way (aren't you?--see quote above).

The quote he was speaking of was the following verses, since the Christian Carnival that week was about March Madness.

Acts 26:24 And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.

Acts 26:25 But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness.

Mad, in this instance, is unlike the dictionary definition of ‘angry, resentful, suffering a disorder of the mind; insane’. It’s more like the definition ‘ marked by extreme excitement’. I am excited for what the Lord is doing in my life. I am excited that I have been ‘called’ to be one of His own (Romans 1:6)

I am extremely excited that I have found mercy (Titus 3:5); from the Lord, and am now on the path of eternal life (John 3:15-17) ; with him. How about you?

Linked at Conservative Cat
Bloggin' Outloud
Third World County

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Lyn said...

I'm not out of my head mad, but I am excited! :-) Thanks for the post. lgp

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Barbara. I'd like to blame a _T. Gondii_ infection from a lifelong association with cats for my occasional feelings of guilt, but that'd be playing scapegoat. *heh* The truth of the matter is, WITHOUT God's mercy, we'd all wake up one morning and discover we were where we (by our own efforts and just desserts alone) belong...

Yeh, I too am mad, but not because some toxoplasmosa made me crazy; because of an understanding that, having trusted God's mercy, I no longer have to pay the ultimate price for my failings.

"'tis a far, far better place I go..." and not where I deserve.

Mercy.

Barbara said...

Thank the Lord for MERCY!