Tuesday, August 01, 2006

'World Opinion' is worthless

I tend to agree with Dennis Prager on this one. The full truth is usually eschewed by the news we get on television from around the world. This is partly because journalists do not have the freedom to report from some of the countries where the worse is happening to the people, and they are unable to video freely. It takes courageous journalists to go into a country and seek to 'tell the truth' about what is going on, for they may face death.

America and Israel are constantly condemned in world opinion. World opinion never seems to confront those evils in the world, but constanty berate those that do, namely the US and Israel.

The moment one recognizes "world opinion" for what it is — a statement of moral cowardice, one is longer enthralled by the term. That "world opinion" at this moment allegedly loathes America and Israel is a badge of honor to be worn proudly by those countries. It is when "world opinion" and its news media start liking you that you should wonder if you've lost your way.
Linked at Conservative Cat
Pursuing Holiness
Third World County
Basil's Blog

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Weeeeell, I don't "tend to agree" with Prager on this; I agree wholeheartedly and would assert that his thesis is just a tad on the generous side of things. :-)

Henry Haney said...

"World opinion" is definitely worthless. (just like the U.N.-I've never seen a more useless organization)

Perhaps my take on it (as a student of eschatology) may be a little different, but I find it fascinating to see the whole world taking a stance against Israel, just like the prophets foretold thousands of years ago (Zechariah 12 in particular). I truly believe things are shaping up for the end of the end times.

Barbara said...

David, I guess I should have used the word "completely" agree, which I do. :) And, you are right; he is very generous.

Henry, I agree with you on the UN! I wish we were out of it.But, it will probably never happen.

My pastor's wife is into end times prophecy. And, my pastor is beginning to talk lots about the return of the Lord. I do think that things are shaping up for His soon return. I just hope the US keeps their head on straight and stays behind Israel and not against her!