Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #24


Thirteen Things about my day....
  1. First, it took reading She Lives to find out, once again, I had forgotten to enter my TT early.
  2. Got up EARLY with my husband to go out to breakfast. We must be glutton for punishment in this weather.
  3. Ate a full breakfast meal out instead of my usual sausage biscuit. But, I did not eat the gravy put on my plate.
  4. Changed my clothes this morning because my husband thinks this black coat looks better on me than my rust-colored suede jacket. I wanted to wear more comfortable brown shoes, but I changed to please him. What we won't do to keep hubby happy!
  5. Read about 20 pages in the new review book I have - Shoes for the Spirit: Encouragements I did this sitting in my SUV while my husband shopped in pawn shops. I was staying warm!
  6. Watched the birds in my backyard feed from our bird feeders. There were, at one time, about 10 Cardinals. And, I saw my first woodpecker this season. But, he got away before we could get a picture.
  7. Against my better judgement (lazy self), I did some washing today. I remember the days when we had to hang out all our wash. Thank goodness I don't have to hang it out today. It would be frozen.
  8. Took a nap here in my seat, with my laptop by me. I was still sleepy from having gotten less sleep Tuesday night than the usual for me.
  9. Tried taking a picture of the Cardinals out my windows. But, my camera kept giving me an error message. I just put it down.
  10. I blogged on the peanut butter recall. And, when I checked in my cabinet, I had one of the recalled jars. And, I have been eating it. I have also had nausea and light-headedness, but could not put my finger on the problem. Now, I'm thinking it's peanut butter. Quickly told my kids to get rid of theirs - I know my daughter uses one of those brands. And, her 13 yr old had experienced the same thing I did, at a higher degree. I had him in the doctor's office 2 weeks ago with it. The tests showed a viral infection. I think it's from peanut butter!
  11. Actually let my husband turn our heat up because I was cold. We keep our gas logs on low in our Den and really don't need too much heat, otherwise. But I had to admit it was needed this afternoon.
  12. Read most of the blogs I frequent today. I need to update my list from my PC to my laptop.
  13. Decided to do this Thursday Thirteen, although I am late! Never know who might need to read this. :)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Technorati Tags:

15 Comments:

Anonymous said...

scary about the peanut butter! back when they used to make the jars of glass, my brother bit into a piece of glass...gives me the shivers to this day!

Mia said...

Smiles better late than never....Nice list. :D

Happy TT!!

Di said...

Whew...we're safe. All of our peanut butter (I'm into crunchy, my son into creamy) is Jif. Choosy mothers and all that...

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Yikes, off to check my peanut butter! Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I hear you about the laundry. I still have a huge pile to wash and I'm none too excited about it. I'd rather be on the internet. :)

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

I need to check my cabinets...hmmm...good tip. Hope you and your family don't have salmonella!

Barbara said...

Cheryl, I don't think anyone could guess I like to compute, could they? :) I take time in between to do the laundry, and then forget to hang it up or put it in the dryer.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I'm the same with the laundry. I emailed a bunch of people about the peanut butter and one replied that she had one of the jars. Scary.

Have a great evening and thanks for visiting my blog.

Barbara said...

Glad to be a help with the peanut butter. My daughter thought she had Bama. She just called to tell me that this time she had Great Value and it had the number on it, too. Scarey, since she has 4 children who love peanut butter!

Anonymous said...

Its always nice to read about the overly exciting day others have. haha. I have been sitting at home for days now due to icy roads and school closed. I have not done much at all. I will not survive when we retire.

Be careful with that peanut butter!!!

Carina said...

Sounds like an exciting day. About as exciting as mine, without the excitement of the Peanut Butter.

Sunflower said...

Nice list!

Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog and supporting me! Welcome back anytime.

I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

Barb said...

Boy, Barbara, I JUMPED out of this chair and ran to check my peanut butter. Whew! It's Jif. Good grief. Think of the toddlers who've been eating the tainted stuff. Scary.

Love your Thursday Thirteen. Your breakfast out sounds so nice, I may suggest breakfast out tomorrow morning to Rob. I love, love eggs benedict but bet me I'd make them at home. LOL

You have more willpower than I have - I'd have eaten the gravy.
:-)

Mike said...

The peanut butter thing is scary. I'll have to look to see if we have any. Too bad you couldn't get pictures of the cardinals, I bet they were beautiful. Happy TT.

Raggedy said...

Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
Thank you for your visit to mine.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy