Thursday, June 07, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #35


Thirteen Things I did today


1. Got up earlier than usual – I’m a late sleeper and a night owl!
2. Did my Mother’s hair and fixed her medication for next week.
3. Took my Mother for her check up at the Drs.
4. Took Mother to eat at Cracker Barrel and had deep-fried Catfish! Yummy!
5. Picked up a few odds and ends at Wal Mart. Never can go near that store without having to go in and buy something!
6. Picked up one of my grandson’s a chicken sandwich at McDonald’s.
7. Washed 2 loads of clothes.
8. Filled my dishwasher and washed the dishes.
9. Took some pictures of the sunset this afternoon for a Flickr challenge. Mine aren’t all that good. But, some of the others really outdid themselves! My sky didn’t co-operate.
10. Watched the Country Music Awards with my husband. My favorite country singer, George Strait, won best song of the year. He should have been best Entertainer and best album. But, guess some of the others needed the win more.
11. Looked at flowers and longed to buy some for my pots outside. But I decided it was too hot right now to plant flowers. Besides, we’ve not had any rain in weeks! There’s going to be a water shortage and why pay for flowers you may not be able to keep alive
12. Emailed friends after getting on the computer. I’m actually ON my laptop, and my grandsons aren’t for a change. My daughter’s two younger boys are here – ages 11 & 13, and they love my laptop.
13. Stayed up too long tonight (I'm addicted to this laptop!)! I must get in the bed. My husband was off today and he will be off tomorrow. So, I need to get in bed – morning comes EARLY with him.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Thursday Thirteen Participants
1. Friday\'s Child
2. ingrid
3. MommyBa
4. Lene
5. amy
6. DF
7. Christina
8. L-Squared
9. Cindy Swanson
10. toni
11. Christine d\'Abo
12. Maleah
13. spyscribbler

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


14 Comments:

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Those were loads of things to do but at least you still have time for yourself. I'm glad.
My T13 is up too.

Marie said...

i like the idea that you spend some time with your mom!! you are so lucky. great list for this week.

DigiscrapMom said...

You did a lot of things :) But I think you enjoyed doing some of them :)

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Cute list! I love hearing what people do in the day to day!


I used to be a nightowl....BEFORE I had kids. You give me hope that it may happen again some day. ;) Happy TT!

Unknown said...

You sound busy but Im glad you got some computer time..Have a great thursday

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful daughter to your mother. I did not know about the Country Music Awards. :-(

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you got a lot done! Happy Thursday!!

L^2 said...

Sounds like you've had a busy, but good day. Happy TT! :-)

Cindy Swanson said...

I love these "what I did this week" or "what I did today" TT's...I guess I just enjoy getting a glimpse into someone else's life. I think I'm going to do this for my next TT.

Found a couple of things to envy you about...that you live near your mom and your grandkids. Away from me, green-eyed monster! :)

Special K ~Toni said...

I love Cracker Barrel! You have a busy day! Thanks for visiting my T13!

Unknown said...

I love Crackerbarrel. I wish there was one near where I love.

I hope you have a great week!

Grafted Branch said...

I didn't do Th13; I'm just surfing through on the Christian Blogosphere roll...

I like your list though. I'm a night owl too. But my 3 girls are NOT.

Barb said...

That fried catfish sounds heavenly, Barbara. I can't remember the last time I had good catfish.

And I'd absolutely love to have a laptop. It's not in our foreseeable budget, but oh my word, how I'd love to not have to sit back here in this office to use the computer.

You're very blessed. But you know that. :-)

Spy Scribbler said...

Wow, you fit a lot into one day! I wanted to do some planting today, too. I bought the seeds. We'll see how much farther I get, LOL ...

Happy TT!