Sunday, September 09, 2007

A compassionate President

I don't know your feelings about our President, but, I, for one, admire him for the compassion he shows and his down-to-earth presidency. The following tells me lots about the man, George Walker Bush, President of the US.

By CALVIN WOODWARD Associated Press Writer

President Bush told the author of a new book on his presidency that "I try not to wear my worries on my sleeve" or show anything less than steadfastness in public, especially in a time of war.

"I fully understand that the enemy watches me, the Iraqis are watching me, the troops watch me, and the people watch me," he said. Yet, he said, "I do tears."

"I've got God's shoulder to cry on. And I cry a lot. I do a lot of crying in this job. I'll bet I've shed more tears than you can count, as president. I'll shed some tomorrow."

Technorati Tags: , , ,

3 Comments:

Mimi said...

Barbara,.
Thank you for this post... thank you especially for telling of the compassion of our president!

Barbara said...

Mimi, I have just gotten tired of all the nasty remarks about our President and the names he is called. If the people who down him could walk in his shoes one day, I'm sure their outlook on the President's job would change. They might not be so fast to down him. But, then, some people seem to have the need to hate any Republican president. It is a shame. He has feelings just as we do, and does as much as he can, especially with a Congress that is out to make him look bad, or even have him outed!

Cathy said...

I too, appreciate your speaking out about the compassion of our President. Most of his attackers, however, I believe, don't know much about it.