Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #25


Thirteen random things on my mind today
  1. For the 8th day of March, it is beautiful outside - gorgeous sun shining through my windows. And the temperature is already up to 69 degrees at 11AM.
  2. Sad morning for our neighbor, who lost his wife to cancer on Monday afternoon.
  3. Our neighbor, who is only 5 mos younger than me, will be buried today. She had only quit work a few months ago after working all her life. She was the manager of a large clothing store. She only found out how sick she really was after quitting work.
  4. My husband had to work and is unable to go to the funeral. We both went to the viewing last night. The funeral home was jam-packed with friends and relatives and people with whom she worked.
  5. I'm trying my best to get back to regular blogging. I go for a few days posting, and then my mind goes blank. Well, actually I have lots of ideas for posts. I just can't get them in order. Don't know whether my mind is over worked or just giving into getting older. :)
  6. I need to figure out what I am going to fix for dinner tonight. I would like to have something great, but I want an easy recipe for 'great'. Any suggestions?
  7. I read A Chelsea Morning, and I tell you, Barb really makes me want to tend to my house more! I tell you, that girl has energy! And, she has great recipes!
  8. I dread going to Rachel's funeral today and having to say goodbye to such a sweet person. I'll always remember her as having been the person that helped my husband buy my gifts at Christmas. She was then the manager of the Tall Department in a large store in town. He could walk in, tell her to find him some nice clothes she could wear (we were both the same size then) and she'd load him down for Christmas! Everyone loved her. One young woman she worked with told me Tuesday, at the store, that she'd never know the many lives on which she had an impact. Don't we all want to be known for that!
  9. I'm sitting here writing my Thursday Thirteen when I should be either cleaning house, or getting ready to go to the funeral.
  10. You can see housecleaning and funeral has my mind occupied this morning.
  11. Saturday is our only granddaughter's 17th birthday. She is Captain of the Varsity Soccer team and they have a game Friday night. Hopefully, we will be able to attend.
  12. I need to get with the plan and get out and exercise! I need to lose some weight but it's hard to exercise or walk by yourself. I'm not usually a procrastinator, but this one has me buffaloed! I'm going to have to buckle down and WALK! I need a partner.
  13. Last thought: live life to the fullest today. We never know when it will be our last. Give of your best, love lots, and most of all hug your spouse/children every day!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Technorati Tags:

10 Comments:

The Gatekeeper said...

I pray your sadness will leave soon. Sometimes we need to just get through it though. I am sorry for the passing of your friend. I hate this part of life. Sounds like you've been a good friend.

I'm also looking for a walking partner but I opted for a treadmill instead.

Have a great day, read through the Psalms and find comfort.

Unknown said...

Im sorry about your neighbor. Will be thinking of you today.What a lovely list this week..Thanks for reminder to love life!

Qtpies7 said...

I'm sorry about your neighbor. My friend is burying her mother today, a surprise death while on vacation.
God bless

Di said...

A sad week for all with the loss of your friend...but the thought that we need to live for today is a good lesson that can never be reinforced too often!

Anonymous said...

I lost a very close friend to cancer in September and it is still very rough. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family.

Thanks for taking some of your time to visit me! It means so much more now.

Janet said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbor...it's so sad to lose something that was such a big part of your life.

Raggedy said...

((((Hugs))))
I am sorry for you loss of Rachel.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
A little girl our son went to K through 4th grade with lost her battle with cancer. Her birthday was March 5th. This was her second year as an angel. I miss her very much. Tory would have been 14 on the 5th.
I need to get out and excersise too! I can't find the motivation.

Robin said...

I'm sorry about your neighbor. How sad.

Lady G~ said...

It's hard when a loved one moves on. We would love for them to stay with us. There is always hope that we'll see them again.

I find comfort in Psalms.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your neighbor, Barbara. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my T13. Be well.