1. Psalms 23:1, " The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want."
2. John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
3. Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
4. Matthew 6:33, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
5. Nehemiah 8:10, "Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength."
6. James 5:16, "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
7. 3 John 1:2, "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."
8. Romans 12:2, "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."
9. James 1:4, "But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."
10. The whole book of ESTHER – the life of Esther is so wonderful to read.
Esther appears in the Bible as a "woman of deep piety, faith, courage, patriotism, and caution, combined with resolution; a dutiful daughter to her adopted father, docile and obedient to his counsels, and anxious to share the king's favour with him for the good of the Jewish people. There must have been a singular grace and charm in her aspect and manners, since 'she obtained favour in the sight of all them that looked upon her' (Esther 2:15). That she was raised up as an instrument in the hand of God to avert the destruction of the Jewish people, and to afford them protection and forward their wealth and peace in their captivity, is also manifest from the Scripture account." - Matthew Henry Commentary.
11. Ephesians 6:12, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
12. 1 Corinthians 13:1, "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal."
13. 1 Corinthians 13:13, "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity."
And, one for the road: 1 John 4:8, "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Technorati Tags: Thursday Thirteen