Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Barbara Johnson, Author

I had not heard that Barbara Johnson, the beloved author, had recently died. I went over to The Barbara Johnson Foundation, Inc., and found she passed away on July 2, 2007.

Award-winning Christian author and Women of Faith Speaker Emeritus, Barbara Johnson died July 2nd, 2007 of cancer. Diagnosed with a brain tumor in early 2001, she valiantly fought Central Nervous System Lymphoma (CNS) for six years, as well as adult onset diabetes. During her final illness, she amazed the publishing world by adding four more titles to her long list of best sellers, including a poignantly humorous book about her cancer, Plant a Geranium in Your Cranium.


Barbara was a wonderful writer, and she will be missed. But her memory, along with her books, will live on.

Linked at Pursuing Holiness
Pirate's Cove

Technorati Tags: , ,

3 Comments:

Dianne said...

I did not know that Barbara had passed away. I had listened to her cassette tape, afterwards I went back and bought several to give away to people who were in need of a good laugh... stick a geranium in your hat is the one i had... i am sure that she is making someone in heaven laugh out loud!

Barbara said...

I am sure you are right, Dianne. She's been making them laugh for 2 years. And we have her books to make us laugh.

Brightin said...

I am in the middle of her book right now. How I related to her.
She is now with the two sons she so longed for on earth.