Saturday, July 21, 2007

My Vow of Silence - Book Review

My Vow of Silence - the roughest 3 minutes of my life
Author: Tim Steed
Publisher: Xyzzy Press
ISDN 1-60148-000-8

This book kept me in stitches as I read chapter after chapter. As Tim stated, this book is written to show us how to laugh at our imperfections as Christians. And, laugh I have!

Greater love has no one than this; that a person lay down her MoonPies for her friends. Pg 87
One chapter in particular stood out for me on Tip Jars. Most of us have come across tip jars in restaurants, the post office – you name the business and most of them have had a tip jar for some reason or another. But, Tim’s tip jar says it all!
But today, businesses take your money and give you nothing in exchange. Like coffee shops, they’re great at getting something for nothing. From big chains to the little mom-and-pop stores, coffee shops are notorious for putting out a tip jar next to the cash register.

Or what if the person who does your taxes put out a tip jar? What if your mail carrier put out a tip jar? What if the school crossing guard put out a tip jar?

Tim says that the difference in the coffee shops and God is the fact God always gives you everything back.

From back to front, you will find yourself laughing at little anecdotes that the author combines with something from scripture. I believe God has a sense of humor and meant for we Christians to have a sense of humor as well. And, this book is a great example of Christian humor at its’ best.

Tim Steed lives with his wife and daughter in Brentwood, Tennessee. He is a speaker and inspirational humorist, combining his business leadership and entertainment background to offer spiritual guidance and encouragement to people of all ages.

I was sent a free copy of this book by the author for review. I give this book a five out of five.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,