Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tammy Faye Bakker dies

Tammy Faye Bakker, the former wife of Jim Bakker, died on Friday at her home in Kansas City, Missouri. Tammy was a television evangelist. She and Jim Bakker had their own show on which she sang and played the accordion. Jim and Tammy divorced in 1992 after he had been convicted of fraud and conspiracy and was serving a 45 year term in prison.

Tammy Faye married Roe Messner, a former business associate of Jim Bakker's, in 1993. She discovered she had colon cancer in 1996, but vowed to beat it. She learned it had spread to her lungs in 2004.

She talked candidly about her illness on television and in her 2003 memoir, “I Will Survive ... And You Will, Too!”

“I want my funeral to be a real happy time,” Ms. Messner told Larry King on CNN in March 2006. “I want everybody laughing and remembering how crazy I was.”

Linked at Conservative Cat
Pursuing Holiness
Don Surber

Technorati Tags: , ,

1 Comment:

Talk..to..Grams said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! WOW!Your break in your hip sounded terrible!!! I am so glad you can walk and get around.
I have added you to my blog list!