Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Recommended Reading

I just finished the third in a series of three books by Lori Wick. The following books are from The Tucker Mills Trilogy:

  1. Moonlight on the Millpond (Tucker Mills Triology)
  2. Just Above a Whisper (Tucker Mills Trilogy)
  3. Leave a Candle Burning (Tucker Mills Trilogy)
The setting for the books is in the 1800's, traveling by buggy and train. They are so well written I found myself seeing right into their lives as though I was right there. You travel in time with the lives of several families, watch the children grown up and some of the older ones dying. Lori also provides the spiritual side of their lives, as well. These books are all well written and kept my interest right up until the last word. I found myself wishing she had provided us with another book and a look into the lives of the younger children.

Linked at Conservative Cat

Technorati Tags: , ,

1 Comment:

moreofhim said...

It's so wonderful to know about good books that others have read. I haven't read Lori Wick yet, but have seen her books at the Christian Book Store. Now, I'll have to pick some up! My favorite series of books is the ones by Jan Karon - the "Father Tim" series. If you haven't read them, do. If you have, aren't they wonderful? God bless you~