Saturday, November 10, 2007

Digital Cameras

My husband has a Canon D30. I tried to use it, but I have a problem with my hand shaking, and it was a little heavy for me when a big lens was attached. So, we searched all digital cameras hoping to find one that would help with the shaking aspect.

I settled on a Canon PowerShot S3 IS. It has the optical image stabilizer, which helps with the slight handshake when taking a picture. It has 20 shooting modes including a full manual mode and sports mode. It also has a nice sized LCD display window. The camera is small enough to carry around in a small case, and easy for me to handle.

I belong to a Flickr group on the Internet. I often take pictures to enter into the contests there. I like to take photographs of nature, flowers, and people. The sports mode comes in hand when filming the grandchildren at their football and soccer sporting events. I also love to capture my family during holidays to have lasting memories as the grandchildren grow.

I love the ease of using the digital camera. I can dial a mode, set the zoom, point and click. I no longer have to buy film. I keep several large memory cards, along with extra rechargeable batteries in my camera case. That way, I never have to worry about not having enough space on a card to take all those pictures.

Technorati Tags: