Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Church of Oprah Exposed



People need to wake up! New Age is creeping more and more into the lives of people without them even realizing it. This teaching is far from what scripture teaches. She says 'God is a feeling experience, not a believing experience'. She is saying that there are other ways to heaven other than God. That is not what scripture says.

John 14:6, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

2 Timothy 4:3-4, "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."


Linked at Conservative Cat
Stuck on Stupid
Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Trackback URL

4 Comments:

Maxine said...

I didn't even bother to look at this video, because I've been very disturbed about what I've been hearing about Oprah. It's so sad because she has so many people who love her and follow her. That's why it's so critical that people stay grounded in the Word.

Hope you are well, Barbara. I've been bogged down and haven't been doing much visiting, lately. It's starting to ease up.

Angela Williams Duea said...

I was intrigued by your title. I know so many people who quote Oprah - and this "Course in Miracles" sounds new-agey to me too. I don't know that much about it yet, but I'd like to find out more before forming a firm opinion.

I get so worried when people start watering down the scriptures.

Barbara said...

Angela, the title was from the video. But you only have to listen to Oprah's own words on this video and others, and watch her on tv to realize what is going on in. So sad that people hang on to every word she says.

Melissa said...

I feel uncomfortable with the 'new earth' class. People should be turning to the scriptures - the words of the prophets instead of this book.