Thursday, April 03, 2008

Having election wearies?

Has the impending election in November got you anguished? Are you stressed out because it is hard to believe what a candidate is saying because of past experiences, or the way the particular candidate has acted/talked in the past?

Maxine, over at Scraps of Glory, has a great article called “Our refuge in This Election”. There is only one person to whom we can turn for relief when we are anguished, stressed out, and think we have no answers for our problems. There is always someone who is listening to our hearts, knows us better than anyone. He has the answer to all life’s problems, although the answer He provides may not be the answer we were anticipating. But, He is never wrong in his assessment of our needs. His name is Jesus.


All Posters
Psalms 62:7-8, "In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah."

2 Comments:

Cathy said...

Very nice post, Barb, I liked the part about how Jesus is never wrong in His assessment of our needs.

Jodie Wolfe said...

Good thoughts.

I wanted to let you know that I am having a book giveaway. To enter all you need to do is post ten struggles you face as a Christian woman and also your age. If you have a few minutes, come check out my blog. Thanks and God bless.