Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #15



Thirteen 'Katy Bar The Door' for me
  1. Never mistreat one of my grandchildren in front of me.
  2. Never speak harshly about my grandchildren!
  3. Please do not try to cheat me.
  4. I do not like telemarketers calling my house for anything. Do not tell me that you have underprivileged kids that you want to send to the circus! My own kids never went to the circus!
  5. Do not try breaking into my house when I'm home. You might be met with a shotgun. Just ask the guy who 'borrowed' our gas can, came back to the door to tell me he wasn't stealing, but indeed had left us $5 on the can. He was met with me opening the blinds on my door with the shotgun on my shoulder. You should have seen the surprise! His hands went up immediately. It's still funny!
  6. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, that I'm stupid, or just a woman, insinuating I am dumb because I am a woman!
  7. Don't ever ask me to lie.
  8. I don't like to debate or argue over the Bible.
  9. Never smoke in my house. We have never smoked, and I don't care for the smell.
  10. Do not drink or do drugs around me. Both are bad habits!
  11. Never take Jesus' name in vain.
  12. Don't try saying something in a teasing way, when I know you meant what you said.
  13. Please talk with out cursing or saying bad words. Potty talk is not my style.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



1. Tracie
2. Jon Tillman
3. Sally
4. Cheryl
5. Bubba
6. amy
7. Suzy
8. Jane
9. Threads Of Gold
10. Tink
11. Chelle Y.
12. A Chelsea Morning
13. delightfulduchess
14. Lisa
15. Anthony
16. KarenW
17. N. Mallory
18. DKRaymer

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

14 Comments:

Tracie Nall said...

Great list!! I would have loved to see the look on that guy's face!

Sally F said...

Great list, Barbara. I love them all, I can't choose a favorite. It's all about respecting others and demanding respect for yourself. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

You tell 'em! I was nodding my head with every line! :)

Unknown said...

Thats a cool list..all are great.you spoke for many of us

Bubba said...

I love your list and your blog. I wonder how much crime there would be if criminals knew they could be met by a shotgun-toting owner...hehehe

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I like em all.....and I especially dislike argueing about the bible...

When we went to the concert for Mercy Me, they had a sign up that said "What are we here for?" and then following it was "To finish the Job".....

Great list!

Jane said...

I had to laugh out loud at the shotgun and the guy 'borrowing' gas. I bet he had to change clothes when he got home!!
Thanks for stopping by my T13.

Tink said...

I understand all of them and am with you on a lot!
My TT is about frustration.

Barb said...

I don't think anyone would argue a single one of these with you. I sure won't. And boy do I hear you about messing with my grandchild OR asking me to lie. Good for you for posting this. This is a great Thursday Thirteen.

Norma said...

Sometimes I've had to de-link because of the language and the readers drawn to the blog.

Good post. Except for the gun (don't have one) and grandchildren (have none), it pretty much reflects my thoughts.

My TT is up.

Lisa said...

Yep, I agree that it's about respect.

Glad you set your boundaries and stick to them!

Thanks for coming by Snarkypants and wishing me happy birthday! :)

Anthony said...

I'm with ya on #7. I'll keep a secret, but don't ask me to lie about it.
Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Our landlord used to come over to collect her rent and light up a cigarette. UGH! We finally asked her not to, explaining that I am alergic. (I get headaches.) Smoking is a big thing over here and restaurants with a no smoking area are rare.

Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed this on Thursday! Great list. I don't have grandchildren yet, but I know I will be fiercely protective of them when they come. I don't have a gun and am a little afraid of them, but it would probably be wise to learn how to use one.