Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #21

I have forgotten it was time for Thursday Thirteen many times lately until it's too late to put my TT up. Almost did the same thing today, and find there are already up to over 200 entries. So, today, mine will be about those things that I sometimes forget.

Things I sometimes forget

  1. I make out my grocery list, and if my husband doesn't go with me and pick it up, most of the time I'm at the store without it. But, most of the time, I can visualize what I wrote on the list and come away with most of the groceries.
  2. I forget to check our phone messages when we return from an outing. Sometimes, it might be a few days later when I pick up the phone just to check messages.
  3. I forgot to plant my Fall pansies in my flower boxes outside. I had meant to do this all Fall, since they will last until the hottest part of summer, but never got around to it this year or last year.
  4. My son says I forget to tell him about family matters, although I don't think I'm always guilty. I think his memory is going bad. :)
  5. I forget the time at night, when I get busy on the Internet, until I am so sleepy, my eyes just won't stay open, and I wake up, finding my laptop still sitting on my lap!
  6. I am constantly forgetting to make sure I have an umbrella in the car for that unexpected rain. They manage to be in the house or in the truck.
  7. I forget to water my house plants, something I used to could remember very well. My daughter gave me a flower for Christmas and told me she had better not come and find it dying. I sat it on the kitchen table so I would remember to water it. So far, I've done that.
  8. I forget to take my clothes to the cleaners until I need something that has not made it there yet. Which reminds me.........
  9. I have forgotten to pick up my purse when eating out. Got nearly home once and realized my cell phone wasn't in the car - and neither was my purse which is where my phone would have been. Thank goodness the waitress saw it and put it under the counter for me.
  10. Parked my car in large parking lots I was not familiar with (new malls) and forgot where it was and had to hunt it. You walk the parking lot, hoping nobody recognizes you and thinks you are crazy.
  11. I forget to do the Church bulletin and find myself scrambling to get it done for the Sunday morning service.
  12. I want to see a certain show on television and do not set it to record. Then, I forget what time or day it is on, and miss it.
  13. And, I forget to do my Thursday Thirteen on time. But, here I am today!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Technorati Tags:

24 Comments:

Nature Girl said...

I had to laugh at number one...I NEVER remember to take my list to the store. The problem is...I never make the list..I keep a list pad on the fridge and anyone in the house who requests something or uses the last of something writes it on the list..then I go to the store without it. LOL Great TT, I played too. Stacie

Anonymous said...

I've been very forgetful too lately. That really annoys me...

Thanks for stopping by :)

Julie in Texas said...

Love your list! I too forget many things...I forget my list at the store way too many times, thus ending up with 6 bottles of syrup!

Thanks for stopping by!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I am also guilty of #1 and most certainly the house plants too. I have the saddest house plants. Very droopy, thin and dead looking. I have a black thumb. Glad you remembered your TT today:)

Barb said...

I'm right there with you on not watching the time when online, forgetting my poor plants and losing my car in a parking lot :) Thanks for dropping by!

Crazy Working Mom said...

I am so bad about getting online at night after the kiddos go to bed, hubby is usually on the couch snoring loudly and I get lost in blog surfing and then I'm like...oh crap it's midnight and I have to get up at 5. Then the next morning I think how tired I am! Great TT.
Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I am happy to say that I usually never forget things like list or what is on the calendar. I do forget names though.

Thanks for visiting me!

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

I love your list! I've forgotten my grocery list more times than I care to think about, and I've ended up with three jars of peanut butter or something like that.

Happy TT - thanks for stopping by mine!

Anonymous said...

I forget a lot of things too. I think that mostly just means we have too much on our plates! lol

Thanks for coming by :)

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh, boy, I relate!!! Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb!

Thanks for coming by. Great list and I could add a couple more that I forget! LOL! BTW-I like your blog and have read here before. I should have posted a comment sooner! LOL! Thanks for coming by my 13--I have sort of been bad today. I have not visited anyone really except those that came by my place--I am sick as a dawg with the flu and didn't feel like doing ANYTHING and I mean that literally! LOL! I hope everyone forgives me ---lol.....

Irish Church Lady :) said...

You remembered to do a TT!

I often forget the grocery list too! Makes the time preparing it hardly seem worthwhile!

Thanks for stopping by earlier and for your kind intentions for my daughter and her exams!

Barbara said...

Layla, sorry you are sick. Hope you get to feeling better soon. My husband and I've been down that road this winter - him, a couple times. So I know how you are feeling. I'm surprised you put up your TT. I just wanted to sleep. So get some rest, and get better.

Cindy Swanson said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one that's forgetful at times! Thanks for stopping by my TT, Barb.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

#s 1, 7 and 12 are what I am guilty of.
Thanks for the visit.

Sunflower said...

Interesting list. I forgot some of them too.

Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog and supporting me! Welcome back anytime.

I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

Jane said...

I have forgotten a few of these myself. The one that gets to me the most is forgetting where I parked in a parking garage!

Anonymous said...

I do my TT early and have it go up automatically on Thursday. Otherwise I'm going to forget.

Raggedy said...

I forget a lot of things to.
I will go to the grocery for one item and return home with other stuff but not what I went there for in the first place.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Scribbit said...

One time my mother forgot my brother at a baseball game. With six of us I guess it's understandable :)

Barbara said...

Scribbit, that is so funny! Of course, I'm sure it wasn't funny for your brother.

BlueBugg said...

If I happen to remember to write the shopping list, I almost always either forget to take it with me or once in there....I forget to look at it! So I can definately relate ;)

I'm also guilty of forgetting about TT until its almost too late! I have even less excuse being in Australia! Really my TT should be up hours before the majority of people are out of bed ;)

So happy to read I'm not the only forgetful one out there ;)

Thankyou for dropping by :)

Dane Bramage said...

I'll forget to put the water bottles out for the delivery man to pick up. I will have up to 10 empty 5 gallon bottles in my kitchen sometimes.

Great list! Thanks for visiting my Thursday Thirteen #27 Home Repair and Improvement Projects!

Barbara said...

Caryle, I'm guilty of that sometimes, too. We'll just have to pray they forgive us. :)