Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #33


Thirteen things in my refrigerator


  1. Broccoli – I love it in tossed salad, or steamed
  2. Cauliflower – same as broccoli – it’s good
  3. Tomatoes – Salad is not complete without tomatoes. And, we love tomato sandwiches. My husband takes a pear tomato in his lunch every day.
  4. Radishes – one more vegetable we put in our salads
  5. Ham – my husband loves ham sandwiches made out of the very thin ham.
  6. Milk – we drink lots of milk daily!
  7. Sweet tea – we make it by the gallon because we drink lots of it!
  8. Mayonnaise – used on our sandwiches, in potato salad
  9. Lemon juice – I love lemon juice in my tea
  10. Apples – my husband eats an apple almost daily – “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”.
  11. Flour, Meal – I keep these things in the refrigerator to keep them fresh and bugless!
  12. Leftovers – If a little tidbit is left after a meal, we put it in the refrigerator. Well, we might throw it out later, but right then, we ‘mean’ to eat it.
  13. Pickles – we use sliced pickles, dill pickle relish, sweet pickle relish, kosher dills, Sweet Gherkins – you name it, we eat them.

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Thursday Thirteen Participants
1. ravaj
2. Crystal
3. The Old Man\'s Old Lady
4. Tink
5. Gina
6. Bloggin\' Outloud
7. Thomma Lyn
8. mitchypoo
9. Susan Helene Gottfried
10. Joy T.
11. Shannon
12. The Gatekeeper
13. The Random Yak
14. Jerry
15. Janet
16. Ctina
17. L-Squared
18. Barbara H.
19. Amy Ruttan
20. Gabriella Hewitt
21. Jen
22. Cindy Swanson
23. Peter

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


Technorati Tags:

34 Comments:

ravaj said...

have you heard about the kool aid pickle? saw an article about it the other day, sorry i cannot remember where. people marinade the pickles in different flavours of kool aid. does that appeal to you?

happy tt

Crystal said...

I love tomato sandwiches. They're great with a little mayo, cheese, sliced avocado and cucumber. YUM.

Happy T13 :)

Anna Mary said...

I second Crystal. Tomato sandwiches are fantastic!

Nice list, Happy TT!

Tink said...

Sounds a lot like my refrigerator! I love tomatoes, pickles, ham and all the rest!
Thanks for visiting my detective TT!

Gina said...

Thanks for visiting my T13!
I Love lemonjuice in my tea- very soothing!

Lyn said...

We have left over graduation cake :-)
Lyn from Bloggin' Outloud

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, sweet tea! I love sweet tea! :) And tomatoes and broccoli and ham -- my, you're making me hungry for a salad. :)

Happy TT, and thanks for visiting my blog!

Susan said...

Hi Barbara - thanks for leaving a comment on my post about my lovely Mother's Day. I see we have a lot in common.....you've been married 42 years. I'm linking to you and will be back to read and learn more about you. Hope you continue to come by my site :o)
Susan

Mitchypoo said...

Sweet tea. It sounds like you are from the South, not sure I've ever had real Sweet Tea. I love to eat tomatoes whole too! Thanks for visiting my TT!

http://mitchypoo777.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

Mitch, I'm definitely from the South! Sweet Tea is simply tea with sugar and sweet! Some call it Iced Tea - but that also comes in sweet or un-sweet. :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Wow you guys are healthy! But... what's a pear tomato? Never heard of one of those before.

Thanks for dropping by West of Mars!

Anonymous said...

Note to self: read 'some' TT lists after eating breakfast otherwise you will sit at your computer and drool. Great list. We love the kosher extra garlic pickles in the T house.

Anonymous said...

Here is the link for the Kool Aid Pickles that Ravaj was talking about: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/09/dining/09kool.html?ex=1336363200&en=7a27f1f9c02d4371&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

I came across it the other day and bookmarked it for my hubby, gross!

I love steamed cauli mashed into my mashed potatoes! Yum! My fridge always has a gallon of iced tea too, sweetened but not TOOO sweet. :) Great TT!

The Gatekeeper said...

Yeah, no, my fridge isn't big enough for all those things. Just kidding. We're growing our own radishes, tomatoes, and we have an apple tree. Still waiting for its first fruit though. Have a great week-end.

The Gatekeeper said...

Oh, I'm having a bad comment day. My comments keep erasing. I'll try again. Yummy list in any case. We're growing our own radishes, tomatoes, and we have an apple tree. No fruit yet. Also our lemon grass always does well. It doesn't make a sweet tea but we can add sugar. Have a great week-end.

The Gatekeeper said...

Oh, maybe my comment didn't show because you haven't approved it yet. Silly me..

Anonymous said...

Broccoli and cornflour are my favorite veggies! Espacially if they're drippin' in cheese!

Janet said...

mmm, I love broccoli, tomatoes, radishes, apples & pickles! Yum!

Christina (BookTasty) said...

Ummmm sweet tea by the gallons...wonderful!

L^2 said...

LOL I don't think I even have 13 things in my fridge right now - maybe if you count what's in the freezer. I guess I'll have to do some shopping soon. :-)

Barbara said...

L^2, Wish I could say my refrigerator was that clean!! It's a disaster! It's a side-by-side, and not big enough. Don't know how I raised kids with this one! AND, back then, it was even cleaner. But, then there were no leftovers to put in there! Everything vanished! :)

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing with leftovers! :) I love thin-sliced ham on sandwiches, too. And broccoli and cauliflower are among our most-eaten vegetables.

Barb said...

We eat BLT's year round. Sadly, winter tomatoes aren't the best, but it's still our favorite sandwich. The contents of your fridge sound great (except the flour and meal - those would have to be cooked into something). :-)

Anonymous said...

Cute list!! I think I have all of those same things in my fridge!

Amy Ruttan said...

Hey we got the same stuff in my fridge. I love fresh salad.

Happy TT and thanks for dropping by mine.

Anonymous said...

Nice variety of vegetables you have on hand. I need to go shopping to fill up my fridge. Seems no matter how much I buy, my three growing boys spend their days eating it all up. No wonder our food costs rise every year. :-)

Jenny McB said...

Your refrigerator sounds fuller than mine, lacking some vegies here.

We always have ham here, my family loves ham and cheese sandwiches with cut up pickle, mayo and mustard. It's a classic.
Thank you for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

LOL, we always MEAN to eat our leftovers too!

Cindy Swanson said...

Great idea for a TT, Barb! I'm afraid my list would include "enough mold to provide penicillin for a small nation." :)

Thanks for stopping by my TT.

Barbara said...

Cindy, you are SO funny! I'm sure your refrigerator isn't as bad as mine! Everything around here has gone to pot since I broke my hip 5 years ago and had to have full replacement. I can't get down as easily, and I just got to the point I do it whenever - and sometimes whenever is a long time. :)

Anonymous said...

Quite a good mix of ingredients in your fridge. A lot are staples that would benefit many a dish.

Thanks for dropping by earlier and I'm glad I made you hungry!!!

Kevin Stilley said...

Oh, you are making a mistake by refrigerating your tomatoes. When tomatoes get below about 50 degrees their cell structure starts breaking down and you lose both taste and texture. Tomatoes should be stored at room temperature.

Sophisticated Writer said...

Sounds a lot like my refrigerator :D I love lemon juice, pickles and tea. Yummy!

Neil said...

Too many veggies! Though I do love ham sandwiches and sweet tea! Can't do the broccali, cauliflower, or tomatoes, and mayo is absolutely out of the question, mustard all the way for me!